Tips to Improve Concentration
Following are some of the tips to improve concentration level among students. If you are not being able to pay attention to studies and being easily distracted by trivial things, the you can folow the folowing tips to improve concentration.
Steps To Improve The Concentration Level
- Creating a study environment.
- Find a place to study and keep it for study only. (Don’t keep on changing places.)
- Tool-up the environment with all study needs. ( keep stationeries & books on your table)
- Control noise level and the visual environment to acceptable levels.
- Avoid relaxing while working; create a work atmosphere. (Don’t watch TV while relaxing)
- Best during the day and early evening; you will remember better.
- Best when there are fewest competing activities in progress.
- Best when adequate rest periods are provided.
- Stop studying when fatigue or lack of attention occurs.
How to Study & Concentrate
- When distracters are present, become intensely involved. ( when somebody is around or some event is diverting your mind then start reading or studying more dedicatedly)
- Keep a pad of paper handy to jot down extraneous thoughts that cross your mind while studying, get them out of your mind, and on to paper.
- Set study goals before you begin each period of study (number of pages, number of problems, etc.).
- Design adequate rewards after specified goals are attained.
- Break up the content of study by mixing up subjects and building in variety and interest and removing boredom.
- Make the most of rest periods-do something quite different.
- Don't try to mix work and play.
- Start with short study periods and slowly build to longer periods only as fast as you maintain concentration.
- If necessary, make a calendar of events to clear your mind of distractions.
- Plan the length of your study period by the amount of material you have decided to cover, not by the clock. (Often the clock is one of the most serious distracters.)