- The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; "7" was selected because the original containers were 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the direction of the bubbles.
- Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquitoes' sensors, so they don't know you're there
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
- American car horns beep in the tone of F.
- No piece of paper can be folded into half more than 7 times.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- 1 in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or more
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's chewing gum.
- The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
- A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than that of the Wright brother's first flying machine.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first class.
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once manufactured.
- The plastic things at the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
- Most dust particles in your house are made up of dead skin.
- The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
- Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Betsy Ross is the only real person to ever have been the head of a Pez dispenser.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion (while she carried him!) but was talked out of it by her doctor.
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
- All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
- Debra Winger lent her voice to E.T.
- Pearls melt in vinegar.
- Average life span of a major league baseball: seven pitches.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
- Dentists recommend toothbrushes be kept at least six feet away from toilets to avoid airborne particles from the flushing action.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!