15 absolutely worthwhile study abroad tips for students
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad is an inexplicable experience and only those who go abroad to study will be able to tell the tale. Other than getting that degree certificate from some of the best universities worldwide, there is a lot to explore if you are up for it. Get to know some of these absolutely worthwhile tips that will make your study abroad experience one to remember for a lifetime.
Lets get started then!
- If you want to explore as much as the new country has to offer then plan all of your trips in advance. If you are going to Europe to study then the earlier you book your flights to the neighbouring countries, the less it will cost you. Budget wisely!
- You can always catch up on your sleep later. EXPLORE the place as much as possible. It will be worth all the sleep that you lose.
- It is ALWAYS good to be prepared than to be in for a complete surprise. Get to know a little more about the country and the city you will be staying in before boarding that flight. It will make it easier for you to converse with your new friends there.
- If the country you are going to study in is a non-English speaking country, better to know the language than becoming a mute spectator. If you do not have the time to become an expert in the language, learn the basics and go. It will make the transition easier.
- Budgeting is absolutely important especially when you are going to a foreign land as a student. Find out the things that will already be present when you get there and the things that you will need to purchase on your arrival. Will make the budgeting aspect simpler.
- Weekends are the best days to explore the country. No classes, no lectures; you can be on your own and plan your weekend getaways accordingly. Search for the best tourist guides and roam away!
- PREPARATION is key. There is always something that you might miss out on or forget carrying. Make sure you scan all of your IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS like the University Acceptance Letter and your passport and keep the soft copy with you.
- Do NOT over-pack! It is one thing to WANT to take everything with you but ask yourself if you really NEED it. Pack only the essentials. You do not want to carry around huge suitcases of things you are not going to use.
- If you ever get a chance to go out with new people, instantly say "YES"! You will get to meet more people and probably end up becoming the best of chums.
- ATTEND LECTURES! Remember you are there to study and not on a vacation.
- Please, please, please hang out with people from all over the world. It broadens your perspective and you get to have some amazing experiences to say the least.
- By all over the world, do not shun out people from the place you come from either. It is always nice to have somebody that will make you less homesick. However do not restrict yourself to only them.
- Comfortable travelling alone? Well, you can plan the entire itinerary and go on that solo trip that you've always wanted to go on.
- Write and photograph. These are the MEMORIES that will remain with you for a lifetime. CLICK A LOT OF PICTURES!
- Travel as much as you can apart from your regular study routine. Travelling as a student is always different than going there as a tourist.
Hope you make the best use of these study abroad tips and have the best time studying and exploring the new city and country.