Cuture of Australia
Read below to find out about society and culture of Australia:
- The initial population of Australia was made up of Aborigines and people of British and Irish descent.
- This was in response to the Australian policy of proactively trying to attract immigrants to boost the population and work force.
- After World War II there was heavy migration from Europe, especially from Greece, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Yugoslavia, Lebanon, and Turkey.
- In the last thirty years, Australia has liberalized its immigration policy and opened its borders to South East Asia.
- This has caused a real shift in self-perception as Aussies begin to re-define themselves.
- Australians are very down to earth and always mindful of not giving the impression that they think they are better than anyone else.
- Australians prefer people who are modest, humble, self- deprecating and with a sense of humour.
- They value authenticity, sincerity, and loathe pretentiousness.
- They do not draw attention to their academic or other achievements and tend to distrust people who do.
- They often downplay their own success, which may make them appear not to be achievement-oriented.
- Australians place a high value on relationships.
- This leads to a win-win negotiating style, since having everyone come away with positive feelings helps facilitate future business dealings.
- With a relatively small population, it is important to get along with everyone, since you never know when your paths may cross again.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!