Work & Study in Canada for Indian Students
Canada offers great opportunities to both, international students, as well as students from Canada. The government websites dedicated to summer jobs and internships are invaluable to students because they provide a lot of information to students. Some of these sites are national and some are provincial, but each site offers different features that really aid students in their job hunts.
There are 2 type of jobs for which International students studying in Canada are eligible.
Jobs while pursuing a course
While only citizens of Canada can apply for government jobs, International students pursuing a full-time or a part time course are eligible to apply for jobs in the private sector. The general criteria they must fulfill are:
- They must be at least 14 years old and have completed secondary III.
- They must live in the province where they apply for work and have a valid work permit.
- They must be full-time or part-time students.
- Their intended employment must be an essential part of their program of study in Canada.
- The co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50 percent of the total program of study.
- They must be enrolled in an educational institution recognized by the Minist?re de l’education.
While these are the general guidelines for international students desirous of working in Canada, there may be minor changes such as knowledge of English and French language for different jobs/internships in different provinces as per the guidelines issued by the authorities of that province.
Jobs after completing a course
International students can now stay in Canada for three years after their studies to search for a suitable job. This means that foreign students are eligible to an open work permit during this period without the requirement of a job offer and no restriction on the type of employment.
|Application Forms Now Available|
|Applications Now Open For|