Admission Requirements in China
- Undergraduate students of arts are admitted according to their diplomas, academic record credentials.
- Undergraduate students of science, engineering, agriculture and medicine are admitted according to their diplomas, academic record credentials, and the primary stage C-level credentials for the HSK test, after passing entrance exams or proficiency assessment.
- Master Degree or PhD Students are admitted by universities according to their bachelor’ or master’s degrees, academic record credentials, and recommendation letters by two professors
- Undergraduate, Master Degree of PhD students s applying to a ‘major’ in disciplines of arts, have to offer written work, pictures, recordings, and audio-visual materials of their own works of art as well as letters of recommendation.
- Generally, admission priority will be given to graduates who once studied in China and apply for further studies again.
Intake:The Spring Semester: 1st Mar. -15th Jul.
The Autumn Semester: 1st Sep. -31st Jan. (the following year).
Duration and other details for International Students:Chinese universities provide both diploma education and non-diploma education, with the former including senior and junior undergraduate students, Master Degree students, and PhD Students, and the latter including trainees and research scholars.
Chinese universities teach different types of students with different methods. Junior undergraduate students are required to study for two or three school years according to teaching programs, together with their Chinese counterparts in the same class, and conferred diplomas after they pass examinations.
Senior undergraduate students are required to study for four or five school years according to teaching programs, and taught separately or together with their Chinese counterparts according to subject requirements. And meanwhile, some optional courses are cut to cater to varying conditions of each student, or separate courses are added to meet different needs. These students are conferred bachelor’s degree after passing examinations and graduation thesis.
Master degree students are required to study for two or three school years according to teaching programs. International students have to finish all courses set in teaching plans under the guidance of their tutors and pass examinations before being conferred a master’s degree.
PhD students are required to study for two or three school years according to teaching programs. International students have to finish all courses set in teaching plans under the guidance of their tutors and pass examinations and graduation defense before being conferred doctor’s degree.
Visiting students are required to study for one or two school years and are taught either separately or together with their Chinese counterparts according to their subjects. They are conferred refresher certificates after passing examinations or proficiency assessment.
Senior Visiting Students are required to study for one or two school years. The school must offer a tutor for each of them to direct their research according to different research projects. They are conferred refresher certificates after finishing their studies and research programs.
Research scholars are offered a liaison teacher each according to their research projects. They have to depend mainly on themselves for research, and the research time is decided according to the requirement of mono graphic research projects.
Chinese language learners, who are equal to graduates from high schools in China, are usually required to study for one or two school years, and are conferred refresher certificates after finishing their studies.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!