Eligibility for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study in Dubai
Universities with campuses in Dubai and Universities of Dubai have more or less similar entry requirements for their graduate and postgraduate modes of study.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Study
For admission into universities in Dubai for undergraduate studies, candidates must meet a certain eligibility criteria which are listed below:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 12 years of schooling.
- Some universities like the Al Ghurair University, University of Wollongong in Dubai and Middlesex University Dubai require a minimum percentage of 50% to 60% if you are coming from CBSE or ISC board.
- Students must take English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL, and candidature is considered for scrutiny upon obtaining a cut-off score.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Study
Almost all universities and colleges accept students with a diverse range of qualifications and backgrounds. International students eyeing a Postgraduate degree should fulfill the below mentioned criteria:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- It is imperative that a student should hold an undergraduate degree that is recognised in the home country as well as Dubai.
- Foreign universities branched in Dubai necessitate qualifications similar to those that are present in their country. For example, Murdoch University Dubai asks for qualifications that meets the same academic standards as an Australian three year bachelor degree. However, it does not mean it has to be an Australian degree.
- For wanting admission into programs other an MBA, a bachelor's degree along with a valid TOEFL or IELTS score is a must.
- If a student wishes to seek admission into an MBA program in Dubai, he/she should have admissible work experience of 2-4 years depending upon the program and the university to which they have applied.