Important Terms in Dubai
There are a number of basic Arabic Phrases that can help you in an Arabic Speaking Country, such as in Dubai.
Following are some commonly used Arabic Words and Phrases
Words of Greetings
- Hi or Hello: Salam
- Good Morning: Sabah el kheer
- Good Bye: Salama
- Good Night: Tosbeho khair (when speaking to a male)
- Tosbeheena khair (when speaking to female)
- Assalaam Alaikum -Peace be up on you
To which the reply is: Wa Alaikum assalaam -And peace be upon you
- Sabah al khair - good morning
To which the reply is: Sabah al noor
First Ten Numbers
- 0 -siffr
- 1 -wahid
- 2 -itnain
- 3 -thalatha
- 4 -arba
- 5 -khumsah
- 6 -settah
- 7 -sabaa
- 8 -thamaaneeya
- 9 -tissaa
- 10 -asharah
- Right: Yameen
- Left: Yasar
- Straight: Sida
General Phrases for Conversation
- How are you? Kaifa Haloki (female)
- Kaifa Haloka (male)
- Thank you: Shokran or Mushkoor
- You’re welcome: Aafwaan
- I don’t speak Arabic: Ana la atakellem al arabi
- I speak English: Atakullum inglieezi
- Yes: Naam
- No: La
- Please: Min fudluk
- Can you help me? Hal Beemkanek mosa dati?
- I’m sorry: Aasef (for making a mistake)
- How much is this? Kam howa thamanoh?
- I don’t understand: La afham
- Do you speak English? Hal tatakallamu alloghah alenjleziah?
- What is your name? Aysh ismuk
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!