Study Abroad In Ireland
Ireland is internationally recognized for its impressive standards of higher education. It has also, recently, emerged as the latest international destination for education. The friendliness and hospitality for which the Irish people are renowned also help international students adapt to the way of life and particularly, student life in Ireland.
According to the latest 2016 reports, Ireland is the 12th "best country in the world" taking into consideration factors such as number of foreign students studying in the country, articles published in international journals, Nobel prize winners etc among various other criteria, etc.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Here is some information about Ireland that will help you a make an informed choice:
- Capital - Dublin
- Language - English, Irish (Gaelic)
- Official Currency - Euro (€)
- Climate - Temperate, Mild Winters, Cool Summers, Consistently Humid, Overcast about half the time.
- Time Diff.- 4 hrs 30 mins behind India.
- Student Intake: September & January
Why study in Ireland?
There are many reasons to opt for study in Ireland. Here are just a few of them:
- Ireland offers a very friendly and safe environment and is an English speaking country, hence it is very easy to adjust there
- Unlike some countries, all it requires to get into a post graduation degree in Ireland is fifteen years of education, which is similar to our education system
- Ireland offers 1 year Masters Degree
- No prior work experience is required to study MBA
- Varied choice of courses and study options
Trinity College Dublin is the highest ranked university of Ireland (Image Courtesy: gracesvc.com)
Top 5 universities of Ireland
Most of the universities in Ireland offer a wide range of courses moreover there are some universities which offer specialization courses as well which makes it simpler for a student to choose their area of study. The top universities of Ireland are mentioned below.
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Dublin City University
Ireland Student Visa
Indian students need to apply for a student visa a few months in advance to secure it. The application for a student visa can be done online depending on the length of stay and the course applied to.
- 3 months course: C Study Visa
- 3 months + course: D Study Visa
The main documents needed to apply for an Irish Student Visa are as follows,
- Certificates of educational qualifications from previous institutes
- Acceptance Letter from the university
- IELTS or TOEFL score for English proficiency
- Tuition fees payment proof or student loan proof
- Statement of your private financials
The best part of Ireland student Visa is that you are allowed to work while you study by working part-time for 20 hours per week where you can earn around 8 euros per hour. (Read: All about getting a student visa for Ireland)
Ireland offers a variety of courses in higher education, ranging from Medical, Science, Technology, and Business to Arts, Humanities and Engineering. Cost of most of these courses range from €12900 to €14700 (INR 9,79,350 to INR 11,16,000) except medical courses which cost a lot more. (Read: Tuition fees in Ireland)