Application Procedure in Malaysian Universities
Candidate should possess a state-recognized certificate or a foreign certificate recognized as being equivalent. Consult the list of recognized certificates by country established by the Malaysian Embassy to find out whether acquired qualifications are acceptable for the purpose of further studies in Malaysia.
Malaysian Universities accept GRE, GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS scores to verify the academic merit of international students.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Application Procedure in Malaysia
- Initially You have to submit an Application Form to study, together with relevant documents, to the proposed educational institution that has the official approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs Malaysia Immigration Department, to recruit international students.
- If Your Application to study is accepted by an educational institution, then that institution will help You to apply for a student pass at the Malaysian Immigration Department in Malaysia prior to Your entry in Malaysia.
- Upon acceptance of Your application, a letter of approval for the student pass will be released from the Malaysian Immigration Department to the educational institution which offered the place for You to study. The educational institution will send the approval letter to You while You are still in Your own (native) country.
- Before leaving Your country for Malaysia, You must inform the educational institution of Your port of entry (airport), flight number, arrival date, and time.
- Upon Your arrival at the airport in Malaysia, the educational institution’s representative will receive You at the immigration check-point at the Malaysian airport.
- At the entry point, Visa will be issued to You in the form of an endorsement on Your valid national Passport.
- Within 2 weeks of Your arrival, the educational institution will submit Your passport to the Immigration Department to affix the ‘Student Pass sticker’.