List of Indian Restaurants, Stores, Grocery Shops in New Zealand
If you're an Indian student studying in New Zealand, chances are that you'll end up craving for some hot and spicy Indian food sooner or later. We've compiled a list of Indian restaurants, supermarkets and grocery stores in varies cities of NZ that you can visit, when you either want to cook or eat a homely, Indian meal.
Indian Restaurants in New Zealand
Ajadz Indian Cafe is one of the most popular Indian restaurants in NZ; Image Courtesy: ajadz.com
Missing Indian food in New Zealand? Wanted to have your favourite tandoori chicken or Dal Makhni but could not find the best place to have it? Check out the following Indian restaurants and satisfy your hunger!
- Ajadz Indian Cafe
- Jewel of India
- Little India
- Masala Cafe & Bar
- Oh Calcutta
- Sam's Indian Cafe
- Shahi Cafe
- Wishing Well of India
- Kashmir Cusine
- Little India
- Indian on the Pier
- Little India
- Raj Mahal
Shopping in New Zealand
Pak 'N' Save is the cheapest grocery store in New Zealand; Image Courtesy: flickr.com
Buy anything from household items to newspapers, magazines, food, and personal items. Most are open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Some are even open 24hrs.
Popular Supermarkets in New Zealand:
- Pak'N Save (one of the cheapest supermarkets in New Zealand)
- New World
- Four Square chains
- The Countdown
- 3 Guys chains
- Big Fresh
- Price Chopper chains
The Arts Centre Weekend Market in Christchurch; Image Courtesy: tripadvisor.co.nz
Art and Craft Markets
If you wish to take home some amazing souvenirs and even keep some for your own, then weekend arts and crafts markets are the best. These markets will help you buy not only genuine products but also enable you to interact with the craftsmen themselves.
- Queenstown - Saturdays on the lake front.
- Nelson - 9am to 1pm in the Montgomery Square Carpark.
- Christchurch, Arts Centre Weekend Market 10am - 4pm every Saturday and Sunday.
- Wellington, cnr Cable & Taranaki Streets, Thursday to Sunday.
- Hastings, Civic Square, Saturday 8am to 1pm.
- Napier, Sound Shell on Marine Parade, Sunday 8.30am to 1.30pm.
- Auckland, Aotea Square Markets, Friday and Saturday 10am to 6pm.
- Auckland, Otara Market in Newbury Street, Saturday 6am to noon.
- Kerikeri, Bay of Islands Farmers’ Market Books & More carpark off Hobson Ave, Sunday 8.30am to noon.
Indian Grocery and Food Companies
- Singh's International Foods 40, Water St, Otahuhu, Auckland, NZ 1006 Ph 09-2769181
- The Curry Shop 67, Ottawa Rd, Ngaio, Wellington, NZ Ph 04-4791635
- Dakshin Unit C, 333, East Tamaki Rd, PO Box 163-078, Auckland, NZ 1706 Ph 09-2715031
- Foodworld Otara 6, Fair Mall, Otara, Auckland, NZ 1701 Ph 09-2745107
- Indian Spice Centre & Bollywood Videos 399, Fraser St, Tauranga South Tauranga NZ 3001 Ph 07-5716424
- Mahadeo's Spice & Produce 7/15 Salesyard Rd, Otahuhu, Auckland, NZ 1006 Ph 09-2760598
- Asiana Foods 77, Tory St, Te Aro, Wellington, NZ 6001 Ph 04-8017633
- Indian Supermarket 180 Durham St, Christchurch, Christchurch, NZ - New Zealand
- Yogiji's Food Mart 569B Colombo St, Central City, Christchurch , New Zealand, 8011