Accommodation For Students in Russia
Typical hostel room in Russia for students
- Accommodation of a student is one of the most important factors when it comes to a foreign land. Russia provides its students with a very good accommodation facility, all Indian and other international students stay in student hostels in rooms for 2-3 people.
- Rooms are provided with the necessary furniture and bedding. The student can buy some personal items such as dishes, electrical equipment etc. on his/her own expenses. In winter, all rooms in university hostels are heated. The average temperature indoors is +22 degree celcius.
- Almost every student hostel has a gym, classrooms for studying, laundries, cafe, telephone call boxes for long-distance calls, medical posts, and Internet centers. There are well-cleaned toilets and also provides showers with hot and cold water supply system on every floor of the hostel.
- Unlike many other European countries, there is a kitchen on every floor of a Russian student hostel, where you can prepare meals according to your individual taste and wishes.
- A broad variety of food products from all over the world that you find in food stores and supermarkets gives foreign citizens an excellent opportunity to stick to the same foods they were accustomed to at home.
(Read more: Education system in Russia)
- The average cost of accommodation in a student hostel may vary, depending on the town and university, from 30 to 70 EURO per month. Accommodation costs may change due to an increase of energy resources cost rates (gas, cold and hot water, electric power).
- Russia is one of the leading powers supplying energy resources to the world market. It holds one of the largest stocks of natural resources. Therefore, changes in the accommodation cost rates are small.
- On the first arrival in Russia, the student should have about 300 EURO for buying some basic personal things like clothes, dishes, electrical equipment, etc.
(Read about: Things to do in Russia)
- The average food expenses are about 100 – 130 EURO per month. Students may go to cheap student cafes, or prepare their own meals in a hostel kitchen, provide by the hostel authority.