Courses Offered in Singapore & Eligibility Criteria
MBA, Engineering & IT courses are among the most popular in Singapore
Indian and international students are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing a course to study abroad in Singapore. The small country has a wide variety of courses to offer from engineering & architecture to MBA & hotel management to creative design & communication.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Popular courses in Singapore
Followings are the most sought after courses in Singapore which are preferred by Indian students & the eligibility criteria to pursue them:
MBA/ Management Courses in Singapore & Eligibility Criteria
The city-state of Singapore houses some of the top B-schools in Asia (Check out the top 100 B-schools in the world). The MBA and management courses offered by Insead, Nanyang Business School, and NUS are considered the best in Singapore.
Following factors are generally taken into consideration for admission into MBA. However, you must also check the eligibility criteria on each B-school's website to be sure:
- The applied candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a reputed University/Institute with a sound academic record.
- The candidate should have a minimum 2 years of working experience to pursue MBA in Singapore.
- A minimum of 2.8 CGPA at the graduation level is mandatory.
- Some of the universities take the scores of GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS and GRE into consideration.
Management Programs in Singapore can be Full-Time, Part Time, Dual Degree or Executive MBA
Engineering Courses in Singapore & Eligibility Criteria
The department of engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is among the best in the world. With a history dating back to 1968, it stands among the top ten technological institutions in the world.
- Chemical and Bio molecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Other renowned schools of engineering in Singapore are the Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic and Nanyang Polytechnic.
- For Under Graduate engineering programs, a student should have passed a relevant exam from a recognized university with a minimum of 85% score.
- For Post Graduate engineering programs, a student should have a good Bachelors degree in the relevant field of further study and the score of GRE/GATE is considered for Admissions.
- Under Graduate engineering programs are of 3-4 years duration.
- Post Graduate engineering programs are of 1-2 years.
IT Courses in Singapore & Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be working in Singapore and should possess a valid employment pass in the country.
- The applicant should have a degree or diploma in the following subjects:
- Electronics, Computer & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics, Computer & Control Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The duration of this course is 1 year and it is an advanced diploma.
Also Read: Education System in Malaysia
Tourism Courses in Singapore & Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be above 17 years of age.
- Candidate exceeding 25 years of age will be admitted only on an individual basis.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must achieve an English Language Profciency of CEFR B2 (e.g. IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 525, Anglia Advanced Level).
- Admission to various entry levels is subject to approval from the awarding institution/university.
- Bachelor Degree is of 3 year duration.
- Advanced Diploma is of 2 year duration.
- General Diploma is of 1 year duration.
Art and Design Courses in Singapore & Eligibility Criteria
- For diploma programs, the applicant should be minimum 18 years.
- For advanced diploma program, the candidate must hold a diploma in Design Communication/New Media Art or equivalent and should produce a portfolio of the creations.
- For certificate programs, a minimum age limit of 18 years is a must.
- Equivalent qualifications include paper-based TOEFL (score of 550 and above),computer-based TOEFL (score of 213 and above), and IELTS (overall score of 6.0 and above).
- A candidate who does qualify the basic requirements but possesses extraordinary talent and creativity might be considered under special circumstances.
- Full Time Courses are of a year’s duration.
- Part Time Courses are of a duration of 6-8 months.
|Application Forms Now Available|