South Africa Grants For the Academic Year 2011
For students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria or the University of Cape Town. MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each. (* Indian students are eligible for the grant)
A Woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF Grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- Has a record of service to women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
- Is enrolled at the University of Pretoria or the University of Cape Town when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Is a national of a World Bank lower or middle income developing member country.
- Plans to return to her country or another developing country within about two years after completing use of the grant and perform at least two years of service.
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance.
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline.
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
There are no exceptions to the MMMF Scholarship criteria listed above.
Follow the Application Procedure Below
- Fill the on-line application and submit it.
- Scan and submit by e-mail to the MMMF the complete set of documents.
- Results: ONLY successful applicants will be notified around December 1, 2011
MMMF Application Process in South Africa
Online Application Form
The application process for the South Africa grants for the academic year 2011 has been closed. We will re-open the applications for the academic year 2012 in the summer 2011.
Online Recommendation (Deadline: TBA)
Two (2) online recommendation forms are required. One must be by a professor from your present institution. The other can be by a former professor/supervisor from your country or elsewhere. One of the individuals must have known you for at least two semesters. The recommendation forms will be available again in the summer 2011.
Documents to be submitted by e-mail
The complete set of documents listed below must be scanned and submitted directly to the MMMF by e-mail no later than due date (tba in the summer 2011)
- Your most recent transcript (available from the Registrar's Office of your University)
- Your University Registration for 2011
- One (1) passport-size photograph
- Picture page of your passport (for all foreign students) or national identification document for South African students
- Study Permit for South Africa (not applicable for South African students)
The MMMF does not answer any phone queries regarding grants. You can contact the MMMF at email@example.com