Recreational Activities for Students in Switzerland
Known for its beauty and outdoor activities, Switzerland offers limitless opportunities to have a good time with friends. If you're an Indian or international student studying in Switzerland, don't miss indulging in these adventures:
Gurtenbahn funicular railway
Image courtesy: timeout.com
|Application Forms Now Available|
International students at the University of Bern or the Bern University of Applied Sciences can experience travel on the "funicular railway" as the tiny carriages chug up the Gurten mountain situated in the capital city of Switzerland, Bern.
Lake Biel/ Bienne
Image courtesy: myswitzerland.com
There's more to Switzerland than just its beautiful mountains. Check out its lakes as well! Lying in western Switzerland, Lake Biel or Bienne is a sight to behold. Go swimming in the lake or take a boat ride and try eating fresh fish from the lake!
Also read: 5 interesting facts about Switzerland
Image courtesy: madeinbern.com
If you are a biking enthusiast, head out to the scenic village of Gstaad which is also home to some of the best ski resorts of the Swiss Alps. Gstaad offers a range of activities in summer and winter - mountain biking & cycling is what you must try out during summers. If you're planning to visit the place in winters, then skiing & tobogganing are must-dos! Gstaad also hosts the Snow Bike Festival in January every year, so winter-biking is another fun option you have.
Gstaad hosts Europe's winter festival of snow biking in January every year. Image courtesy: snowbikefestival.com
Image courtesy: rheinfall.ch
Visit this magical spot to see the magnificent Rhine Falls (Euope's largest plain waterfall) as well as the Laufen Castle (Schloss Laufen). There's a glass lift (elevator) in the castle that will give you a bird's eye, panoramic view of the falls and the neighbouring area.
- Gondelbahn Wispile - Gstaad (Mountain Rides)
- St Mortiz Experience (Canoeing, Trekking, Mountain Hiking)
- Horloge Fleurie -one of the Geneva attractions, is a beautiful clock that was created in 1955. Located in English Garden, the clock is said to have been created in spite of many technical problems. L'Horloge Fleurie of Geneva is 15.7 meters in circumference. The diameter of the clock is 5 meters. The clock features a second hand, which is 2.5 meters long. The second hand of L'Horloge Fleurie in Geneva holds the reputation of the being the longest in this planet.
- The Polybahn - also known as the UBS Polybahn, is a funicular railway in Zürich, Switzerland. The line operates out of Zürich Central-Hochschulen, and carries passengers up to the terrace by the main building of ETH Zurich, which was formerly called Eidgenössisches Polytechnikum, and from which the railway derives its name.
- Every university has a Sports Center for students. The Center offers different activities, ranging from aerobics to yoga are scheduled and most of them are free of charge.
- If you are a musician, you can join the university choir Orchestra.
- Switzerland offers many theatre performances, concerts, music festivals. The actual program can be consulted on the site of the respective Tourist Office.
- Switzerland is known for its culture with more than 18 museums. There are exhibitions on a regular basis. Opening days: Tuesday to Sundays.
|Application Forms Now Available|