How to get the Student Visa for Switzerland
If you are not a Swiss citizen, but want to take advantage of quality education and training system in Switzerland, you must apply for a student visa at the Swiss embassy in Delhi or any VFS Global Services centre in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Cochin, Mumbai, Puducherry, Chennai and Pune.
|Applications Now Open For|
Embassy of Switzerland in India
Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi - 110 021, India
|Application Forms Now Available|
- You must e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: "Student application" with a scanned copy of the acceptance letter of the Swiss university/ institute, name & other info about your chosen course of study & 3 preferred dates for an appointment.
- Now the embassy will decide whether you need to show up in person at the embassy or not.
To be granted a student visa you must satisfy the visa requirements and comply with a number of visa conditions for attendance and academic performance which come into effect after you have entered Switzerland. Your student visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. It is important to comply with your visa conditions to avoid visa cancellation.
Also read: 5 interesting facts about Switzerland
Switzerland Student Visa Fee
The visa fee for a student application is Rs.4,500.
Checklist for Getting a Swiss Student Visa from India
- Your passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return; with at least two blank pages.
- Four passport size pictures, not older than 6 months (size 35 – 40 mm in width, no copy or scanned picture): 3 photos to be pasted on the three application forms, the 4th picture to be clipped face down on top right hand corner of the form, stapled or pinned pictures cannot be accepted; for more details, please refer to:http://www.icao.int/Security/mrtd/Downloads/Technical%20Reports/Annex_A-Photograph_Guidelines.pdf
- 3 copies of Visa application form completed, all forms signed in original by the applicant & authorization for third person if applicable
- Previous passport if any
- 1 original and 1 copy of personal covering letter signed by you explaining a) your reason for pursuing studies in Switzerland b) your future plans after finishing your course c) that you will leave Switzerland after the course
- 2 x copies acceptance / confirmation / registration letter from the school, university, etc. in Switzerland confirming that the university entry fee has been paid (with relevant bank statement) – if applicable
- 2 x copies of student cards or certificates of the university/ institute you have joined
- 2 x copies proof of academic degrees (previous diplomas / certificates / English language certificates such as TOEFL or IELTS or language certificates of German, French or Italian language if available) and 2 x curriculum vitae
- 2 x copies of proof of your financial status or of your parents etc.) if no fellowship is granted (all documents have to be in format A4)
- 2 x clear photocopies of the 1st and last page of the passport (bio data)
Swiss Student Visa is free of charge:
- For applicants / visitors going for research (provided that they will not receive any type of financial compensation such as fellowship or any other amount).
- For applicants, who have been accepted on scholarship basis. (Swiss governmental scholarships or scholarships provided by EPFL,ETH or universities)
However please take note that if the planned stay in Switzerland is exceeding 90 days, postal charges is to be paid.
Proof of occupation in India
- Photocopies of all relevant documents must be provided for the Embassy.
- Do not submit originals. Once submitted, no document will be returned.
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. If necessary, you may be requested to bring additional documentation or to appear for a personal interview.