How to book appointment for US student visa?
While applying for your student visa to the US, after filling in the DS-160 form & paying the visa processing fee, you must book an appointment at the US embassy or US Consulate (whichever is present in or around your city.)
How to schedule appointment for US student visa
As an Indian student applying for a student visa to the US, you have the option of booking the appointment in either the US embassy in New Delhi or 4 other consulates in various Indian cities.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- When you schedule an appointment for your visa interview, your waiting time will vary according to the location of the US embassy/consulate.
Indian embassy/ consulate Wait time for interview appointment Visa processing time New Delhi embassy 6 calendar days 2 working days Hyderabad consulate 5 calendar days 2 working days Chennai consulate 2 calendar days 2 working days Mumbai consulate 2 calendar days 1 working day Kolkata consulate 1 calendar day 2 working days
- Get all the required documents in order. Also read: List of documents need for US student visa interview
- Show up for your visa interview on time. An officer who meets you will determine whether you are eligible to receive the visa
Here are a few things you must keep in mind with the visa application procedure
1. Check all the details mentioned on your passport including your name, birth date, expiration date etc. Check for any kind of damage, as the passport should be in good condition.
2. After getting the I-20 (admission document), verify all the details mentioned on it. Check your name especially the spelling, birth date, name of the course, date of commencement, total amount mentioned as well as scholarship details.
3, Visa can be applied only 120 days prior to the start of the term. (The date is mentioned on your I-20).