TISSNET 2017 Exam Pattern
TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET) is a computer based test with objective type questions. Candidates need to have just a basic knowledge of computers to take the test. The total duration of the test is 1 hour and 40 minutes.
TISSNET 2017 Exam Date & Time: Yet to be announced
TISSNET 2017 Exam Pattern
The objective type questions in TISSNET would be from the following areas:
- Social Sensitivity
- Knowledge on Contemporary issues
- Analytical Ability
- Logical Reasoning
Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates who clear TISSNET will be shortlisted for the 2nd round - Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI). The PIT can be a group discussion (GD) or written test.
Pre-Interview Test (PIT)
- PIT as GD: The pre-interview test will be a group discussion (GD) for candidates who have applied to any of the social work programs at TISS, Mumbai.
Group Discussion Pattern
The group discussion (GD) aims to test a candidate's knowledge about contemporary issues in the field of social work and his sensitivity to social issues expressed. Candidates can express their views orally in English and/or in Hindi. The time allotted for each GD is 20 minutes.
A group discussion will consist of at least 8-12 candidates. The candidates will be shown a photograph with a caption for discussion. The candidates will also be judged for their communication and peoples' skills as they interact with each other.
- PIT as Written Test: The pre-interview test will be a written test for candidates who have applied to all other courses across various TISS campuses.
Written Test (Essay) Pattern
The duration of the written test (essay) varies for different programs.
The duration of the essay is 35 minutes for candidates applying to any of the three M.A. programs offered by the School of Management and Labour Studies.
The duration of the essay is 45 minutes for candidates applying to any of the other programs offered by the remaining schools under TISS.
Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates should be familiar with the program for which they have applied. Questions in the personal interview (PI) may be related to topics on the course content.
- The Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) for programs offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, MHAT, CUTN, BANYAN will be conducted at the Mumbai Campus.
- PIT & PI will be conducted at the respective campuses for program offered at Hyderabad and Guwahati campuses.
- Candidates applying for programs at more than one campus, will have to travel to each of these campuses for their PIT & PI.