UGC NET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Author: Reeja Elizabeth Varghese
You must should meet the following conditions of eligibility to appear for the National Eligibility Test (UGC NET), which will be conducted by the CBSE on 19 November, 2017:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks in their Master's Degree or equivalent in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Application, Electronic Science etc. from a university/institution recognized by UGC. Applicants belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD category must have secured at least 50% marks in Master's degree.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for the qualifying degree (M.A/M.Sc final year) examination or candidates whose result is awaited may also apply for this test. Such candidates will be provisionally admitted and shall be considered for award of JFR/Assistant professor only when they complete the qualifying degree.
- Candidates holding Ph.D degree who completed their postgraduate examination(irrespective of the declaration of result) by 19th September, 1991 shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduate study or related studies. (UGC NET is available for the following subjects: UGC NET 2017 subjects)
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category are required to submit attested copies of the Category Certificate along with the printout of Application forms.
- Eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship: candidates should not be more than 28 years as on 1st June 2014. There is age relaxation up to five years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD category. Also, there is relaxation, a maximum of 5 years, for candidates having research experience and three years' relaxation in age for those holding a LL.M degree.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for this position.
- Candidates who have received a Ph.D degree in accordance with UGC regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of appearing for NET/SET/SLET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Institutions. Also, those who have passed UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing for NET.
- Candidates, who have cleared State Eligibility test (SET) for eligibility for Assistant professor held before 1st December 2002, are also exempted from appearing in NET. If you qualified SET held from Dec 02 onwards, you are eligible to apply only in the universities or colleges situated in your particular state.
|Application Forms Now Available|