Dibrugarh University Distance Education - DDE
Dibrugarh University, Assam is a teaching-cum-affiliating University. This institution of higher learning was set up in 1965 under the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Act. The University is located at Rajabheta at a distance of about five kilometers to the South of the premier town of Dibrugarh which is the easternmost corner of Assam as well as India.
Dibrugarh a commercially and industrially advanced town in the entire north-eastern region also enjoys a unique place in the fields of art, literature and culture. The diverse tribes with their distinct dialects, customs, traditions and culture also make this area a veritable paradise for the study of Anthropology and Sociology besides Art and Culture.
Being a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Dibrugarh University enjoys significant recognition for its academic programs.
The Directorate of Distance Education Dibrugarh University offers various courses to those students who can not attend regular day classes and for whom university is not accessible due to various reasons.
Dibrugarh University Distance Education Courses Offered
Bachelor of Arts (Major)
Bachelor of Arts - pass course
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration (Aviation, Hospitality & Tourism)
Bachelor of Business Administration (Flying)
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Computer Application
Diploma in Business Administration (Aviation, Hospitality & Tourism)
M.A. in Assamese
M.A. in Economics
M.A. in Education
M.A. in English
M.A. in Political Science
M.A. in Sociology
M.A./ M.Sc in Mathematics
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application(PGDCA)
Post Graduate Diploma
Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication(PGDJMC)
Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
Dibrugarh University Distance Education Admissions
- Those students who fulfil the essential qualification and have applied for admission in prescribed form with all testimonials, are eligible for admission into the concerned discipline.
- Eligible candidates are required to deposit the admission fee in the study centre by cash.
- On receipt of the admission fee candidates will be provisionally admitted into the course.
- The entire admission process could be completed by correspondence except the production of transcript/ original marksheet and other testimonials. Candidates are advised not to send original marksheets etc. by post.
Identity Card:On confirmation of admission, the students will be issued Identity Cards by the concerned Study Centre which shall be valid for one academic year. Students are advised to carry their Identity Cards whenever they visit the Study Centre or the DDE, D.U. and also for attending the personal contact programme.
Dibrugarh University Distance Education Contact Info
Directorate of Distance Education
Dibrugarh - 786004
- Relating to examinations, results, marksheets, revaluation and related matters etc. may be obtained by contacting the Examination Branch. D.U. Telephone No: +91 (0373) 2371022
- All other information may be obtained by contacting the Directorate of Distance Education, D.U.
Telephone No.: +91 (0373) 2370207
Fax :+91 (0373) 2370323