Education loans - Andhra Bank
Andhra Bank offers educational loans to meritorious students for pursuing a higher degree either in India or abroad.
- The student should be an Indian National.
- NRI-if student is holding Indian Passport. (Suitable Collateral Security enforceable in India is to be provided for all such proposals.)
- Should have secured admission to a higher education course in recognized institutions in India or Abroad through Entrance Test/ Merit Based Selection process after completion of HSC(10 plus 2 or equivalent)/higher qualification.
- In case where admission is not through common entrance test and the marks secured in the qualifying examination is the only criteria adopted, the minimum cut off marks should be 65% in aggregate in the qualifying academic examination.
- Educational loans are allowed to meritorious students, who qualify in entrance examination but choose to pursue under Management quota for reasons like proximity, choice for a course of discipline or any other reasons pertaining to his academic/career interests.
- Age : 12-30 years for studies in India and 18 to 35 years for study in other countries
Read: SBI education loans
Quantum of Loan:
Rs. 10.00 Lacs for studies in India
Rs. 20.00 Lacs for Studies Abroad
Purpose of Loan :
To meet cost of Tuition fee, Hostel fee, Examination fee, Books, Project work, Study tours, and Refundable deposits.
AIR PASSAGE AND MAINTENANCE, FOR ABROAD STUDIES.
- Upto Rs.4.00 Lacs-Exempted
- Above Rs.4.00 Lacs- 5% In India 15% for Abroad Studies.
- Upto Rs.4.00 Lacs- NIL
- Rs.4.00 to 7.50 lacs - guarantee of the parent
- Above Rs.7.50 Lacs--Collateral Security of suitable value & guarantee of the parent
Rate of Interest
- Up to Rs. 7.50 lakhs : MCLR(one year) + 2.00 %
- Above Rs. 7.50 lakhs : MCLR(one year) + 1.55 %
For details, contact Andhra Bank