AICTE CMAT 2018 -Exam Pattern with Preparation Tips.
The exam pattern of CMAT 2018 to be conducted by AICTE is explained in detail here.
The Common Management Aptitude Test - CMAT exam pattern consists of four sections. Each section will contain 25 multiple option questions. Also, 100 marks are allotted to each of the four sections of the test. The maximum duration of the test is three hours i.e. 180 minutes. Hence, the candidates will be required to attempt 100 multiple option questions in 180 minutes. Another important fact to keep in mind would be that for each wrong answer 1 mark will be invariably deducted (negative marking.)
CMAT 2018 will cover the following areas of study:
- Language comprehension
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
Check out the table below to understand the CMAT paper pattern 2017
Type of questions
No. of questions
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
At the test venue, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and given a rough paper for calculations. After the test, candidate must leave the rough paper at their desk. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room. Candidates are not allowed to take any breaks during the test.
CMAT 2018 Preparation Tips
- CMAT exam like all other competitive exams will seem to contain more questions and less time limit. However, a good preparation in advance can overcome such hurdles. Candidate are advised to have enough practice in solving more questions in lesser time. For each question 1.8 minutes can be devoted, as per the prescribed time limit.
- Problem solving skills come very handy while scoring in most management exams.
- CMAT is an online test, so the students must appear for the trial version of the test which will available from 15 December, 2018. The trial version of the test will familiarize the students with the basic concept and structure of the CMAT test.
- Also, CMAT Test will have negative marking; one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. So, candidates must guard against negative marking, by answering only those questions for which they know the correct answers.
CMAT 2018 Reference Books
Given below is the list of few CAT preparation books which will also help you to prepare for CMAT 2017
- Koncepts of Numbers for CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT and Other Quantitative Aptitude Exams. (English) (Paperback) by Gajendra Kumar
- CMAT 2014 : Solved Paper 2012 & 2013 - 3 Practice Papers (English) 7th Edition (Paperback) by GKP
- Study Package for CMAT (English) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma