Eligibility Criteria for AFMC 2014
Applications are invited for admission to the MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, commencing from 01 Aug 2014. Total 130 candidates (including a maximum of 25 girls) will be selected. Prospectus and application form for AFMC MBBS Admissions 2014 will be available ONLY Online.
Eligibility criteria for AFMC MBBS 2014 Admissions
If you're seeking admission to the MBBS Course at AFMC, you are eligible to apply only if you fulfill the following criteria:
(a) You must be an Indian citizen. You're also eligible if you're a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin (POI) migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently living in India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have obtained Indian citizenship or if the Ministry of Home Affairs has issued a certificate of eligibility for them.
(b) You must not be married. Marrying while pursuing MBBS at AFMC is not allowed.
(c) You should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence.
You need to have passed the XII standard/pre-professional/premedical examination or equivalent examination of statutory Indian University/Board or any other recognized Board/University as a regular student in all the subjects opted for in your FIRST ATTEMPT with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology securing at least 60% aggregate marks in PCB subjects taken together, at least 50% marks in each of these science subjects and at least 50% marks in English.
They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics in class 10th.
A graduate of B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and also must have passed the earlier qualifying examination i.e. XII standard/Pre professional (Med) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained marks as stated above.
NOTE: (a) Candidates who are to appear in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) up to 01 May 2014 may also appear for the test provisionally.
(b) You are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply :
- If you have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science, Social studies in High School/Higher Secondary (Multi-Purpose) or equivalent examination.
- If you have passed only Pre-University/Pre-Degree (one year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture/Veterinary/Dental Examination
- If you have passed the Pre-Professional or other equivalent qualifying examination as a PRIVATE CANDIDATE.
- If you have have secured the required percentage but in more than 1 attempts or compartment examination.
Should attain the age of 17 years on 31 December 2014 but must NOT have attained the age of 22 years on the above mentioned date i.e. not born earlier that 1 January, 1993 and not later than 31 December 1997, if the academic qualification of the candidate is 10+2 or equivalent.
A candidate who has passed B.Sc. examination or will be appearing in final B.Sc. examination and seeks admission must not have attained the age of 24 years on 31 December 2014 i.e. must have not been born earlier than 01 January 1991.
AFMC MBBS 2014 Interview
If a candidate's AFMC MBBS interview date is clashing with another examination, you may however also apply for a change of date which shall be considered at AFMC. The urgency of the request which has to be invariably supported by documents. To apply online you have to login into your registered account and click on CANDIDATE LOGIN. This is available from May 23, 2014(1400h) onwards till June 02, 2014 (1700h). On logging in there will be a link in your account on the left panel “Register for change of interview date”. On clicking the same, you shall be presented with a window where you shall be asked for two dates. You are allowed only two dates for change. Please choose with deliberation. You will also write a request letter to Dean AFMC Pune mentioning your roll number and name along with complete details regarding your request for change.
You will also upload a .pdf file of any document that you feel will substantiate your requirement / request for change of interview date at AFMC. Submit the same to AFMC Pune. You shall have to login to your account and check the status. If the request has been accepted, then you shall be informed in your login account and a confirmation letter shall be sent to you in your email id. If your request has not been agreed to, then it shall be reflected in your login account. You shall have to prepare accordingly.
You are required to carry originals of all certificates/ mark sheets and admit card(hall ticket) when you are appearing for the interview at AFMC Pune. The Certificates/Documents required are as follows:
- Pass certificate and birth certificate.
- Mark sheets of 10th and 10+2 (if applicable).
- Certificate from college principal of candidate appeared in 10+2 examination before 06 May 2014 but results awaited (if applicable).
- Whether the candidate belongs to SC/ST. In case ‘YES’ certificate with stamp and seal of signing authority to be brought.
- Sports certificate and level of representation after Matriculation (if any).
- Certificate for medical fitness in the application form.
- NCC Certificate if any.
- Certificate of Extracurricular activities and level of representation.
- Character Certificate duly signed by School/College Principal.
- Two (02) self-addressed envelopes of size 11”x5”, including one duly marked “Registered” and stamped worth Rs. 35/
- Downloaded Admit card for the written test.
Points To Remember For AFMC 2014
1. Ten seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who also have similar service liability and have to fulfill the requirements of medical fitness, age, educational qualification and qualifying the entrance examination.
2. The Govt will provide free accommodation and entitled rations, subsidized messing, AC 3 Tier free railway warrant from college to home and back during vacations, a book subsidy of 12, 000/- during entire training period, uniform allowance of 6000/- per student during first year and 1250/- per year as maintenance allowance in subsequent years and any other misc. allowances as applicable.