6th All India Bar Examination (AIBE VI) 2013 on 19 January, 2014
The Bar Council of India (BCI) has notified that it will conduct the sixth All India Bar Examination (AIBE-V) on 19 January, 2014. The exam aims to assess a lawyer's capabilities to practice law in India and intends to set a minimum standard for admission to the practice of law in India. The exam addresses a candidate's analytical abilities and basic knowledge of law.
All law students graduating from academic year 2009-10 onwards have had to clear the exam to practice law in India. There is no limit to the number of times you can appear for the All India Bar Examination.
Some important dates related to the sixth All India Bar Examination are as follows:
Online registration: 9 October - 8 December, 2013
AIBE VI exam date: 19 January, 2014
Detailed exam schedule is available on AIBE exam dates page.
The fifth All India Bar Exam (AIBE-V) was conducted on 14 July, 2013.
AIBE 2014 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria and the Fee Structure for the All India Bar Council Exam (AIBE) is mentioned below.
- You must clear LL.B.
- You must be enrolled with any State Bar Council
The All India Bar Examination shall be mandatory for all law students graduating from the academic year 2009-2010 onwards. Advocates may apply to appear for the All India Bar Examination only after enrolling as an advocate under Section 24 of the Advocates Act, 1961. They will have to submit suitable proof of the enrollment along with the application form for the All India Bar Examination.
|Application Forms Now Available|
AIBE 2014 Application Fees
The application fee for both first-time (fresh) and repeat candidates is Rs. 2500 (plus Rs.60 SBI bank surcharge.)
AIBE 2014 Application Procedure
1. Candidates need to register online (www.allindiabarexamination.com/aiberesult/RegistrationForm.aspx)
2. After registering, candidates have to log in to their respective accounts (www.allindiabarexamination.com/aiberesult/Application.aspx)
3. Get a print out of the "bank challan" after logging in to your account.
4. Fill in the bank challan and submit it along with the application fee at the nearest branch of State Bank of India (SBI). It takes approximately 24 hours for a candidate's registration to be effective, so make payment only a day after registering.
5. Wait to get the payment acknowledgement (it takes approximately 12-24 hours). Then proceed to print your application form by logging into your registration account.
6. Complete the application form and send it to:
"All India Bar Examination"
Bar Council of India
21 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area
ITO, Near Bal Bhawan New Delhi - 110002
Important: Send your application form along with all required documents. Incomplete applications or applications with incomplete documents will be rejected.
AIBE 2014 Exam Paper Format
The All India Bar Exam (AIBE VI) will be an open book test. This means that the candidates may bring any reading material or study aid that they choose. Get complete details about the exam format on the AIBE 2014 Exam Pattern page.
AIBE 2014 Syllabus
The syllabus for AIBE is prescribed by the BCI. Get complete details about the exam syllabus on the AIBE 2014 syllabus page.
AIBE 2014 Contact Details
Bar Council of India
21, Rouse Avenue Institutional Area
Near Bal Bhawan
New Delhi - 110 002
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Helpline numbers for the All India Bar Exam: 0120-4897900, 011-49225022/23
"All India Bar Examination," http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/