Apply for IGNOU's MBA (Banking) & PGDFMP July 2013 Session
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited applications for their Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Banking and Finance and Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP) programmes for the academic session starting July 2013.
- Candidates can apply for the MBA (Banking and Finance) programme, which was developed in association with School of Management Studies, IGNOU and the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, Mumbai. It is intended for prospective bankers. The programme is based on the multi-media technology and design of IGNOU standards and is offered at various study centres scattered across the nation. The duration of the course is at least two and a half years and up to eight years.
- The PGDFMP programme is offered collaboratively by the School of Management Studies, IGNOU and Financial Technologies Knowledge Management Company (FTKMC), Mumbai. This programme also uses the standard IGNOU multi-media design and technology supported delivery systems. The duration of the course is at least one year that can be extended up to eight years.
- Availability of forms: forms available now
- Last date of availability of forms via post: 20 June, 2013
- Last date to submit forms: 30 June, 2013
- Last date to submit forms with late fees: 31 July, 2013
Each programme requires you to meet certain requirements, including those listed below.
- You must be a member of the Indian Institute of Bankers
- You must have passed the Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) examinations and must have the certificates of qualification and credentials
- You should have been working in the banking sector for at least two years
- You should be a graduate from a recognised university
- You must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognised university with at least 50% marks for the General Category or 45% marks for the reserved category
- You must have three years of professional experience post-qualification
- Those from disciplines like engineering, medicine, chartered accountancy, chartered secretaryship and law must have at least 50% marks in their examination
- Candidates must clear the Open Management Test (OPENMAT) conducted by IGNOU
There are no entrance exams conducted specific to these programmes and anyone who has the eligible requirements can seek admission. PGDFMP applicants need to clear the OPENMAT.
- Price of the "Students Handbook and Prospectus" for MBA (Banking and Finance) is Rs. 1,000 and for PGDFMP Rs. 500 at the sale counter.
- Application forms can be collected from The Registrar, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi- 110068.
- Applications can also be collected from the regional centres whose addresses have been enlisted in the official website.
- The application form can be ordered by post with the sum of Rs. 50 added to the price of the application form in demand draft in favour of IGNOU payable at the city from where it has been requested. The demand draft must have the name, address and programme code mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft.
- Applications forms can be also downloaded from the official website, www.ignou.ac.in, and in that case the cost of the form must be included with the programme fee.
- The course fee for MBA (Banking and Finance) is Rs. 31,500 and for PGDFMP it is Rs. 7,500
"News Detail," Indira Gandhi National Open University, http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/bulletinboard/news/latest/detail/MBA_In_Banking_and_Finance_and_Post_Graduate_Diploma_in_Financial_markets_Practice_by_IGNOU-509
"Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance) (MBF)," Indira Gandhi National Open University, http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/57/2
"Post Graduate Diplomain Financial Practice (PGDFMP)," Indira Gandhi National Open University, http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/361/2