Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) 2013
The Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) 2013 will be held on May 10. Two tests will be administered: Engineering (E) and Agriculture and Medical (AM). Individuals may take both tests. The test is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Hyderabad on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). EAMCET 2013 tests for admission to Andhra Pradesh universities and private unaided and affiliated professional colleges in programs such as the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.).
Among other responsibilities, APSCHE conducts a variety of tests, including EAMCET, and functions as a liaison between universities, the state government of Andhra Pradesh and the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Through the test, a variety of programs are available in engineering, agriculture and medical subjects.
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (M.P.C.)
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology
- B.Tech. (Food Science and Technology)
- B.Sc. (Commercial Agriculture and Business Management or CA & BM) (M.P.C.)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) M.P.C.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) M.P.C.
Agriculture and Medical
- B.Sc. Agriculture
- B.Sc. Horticulture
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.) and Animal Husbandry
- Bachelor of Food Science (B.F.Sc.)
- B.Tech. (Food Science and Technology)
- B.Sc. (CA & BM) Biotechnology and Pharmacy (Bi.P.C.)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS)
- B.Pharm. (Bi.P.C.)
- B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) Bi.P.C.
- Pharm.D (Bi.P.C.)
EAMCET 2013 Important Dates
- Online application form available online: 15 February 2013
- Last date to submit the application form and register online without a late fee: 27 March 2013
- Last date to submit the application form and register online with a Rs. 500 late fee: 8 April 2013
- Last date to submit the application form and register online with a Rs. 1,000 late fee: 17 April 2013
- Last date to submit the application form and register online with a Rs. 5,000 late fee: 27 April 2013
- Last date to submit the application form and register online with a Rs. 10,000 late fee: 7 May 2013
- Hall ticket available for download online: 25 April to 8 May 2013
- Examination date: 10 May 2013
Candidates who submit their application with a late fee of Rs. 5,000 or Rs. 10,000 will only be allotted the test centre Hyderabad/Secunderabad.
EAMCET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates for EAMCET should be Indian Nationals, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders. Additionally, it is necessary to belong to the state of AP by satisfying non-local or local status requirements under the Andhra Pradesh Education Institutions (Regulations of Admission) order, 1974 (with amendments).
Educational qualifications vary according to the course, but generally candidates are required to have passed the 10+2 examination with a prescribed minimum of marks and be at least 17 years of age by December 31 of the year you are admitted. Certain subjects in the qualifying exam may be required for certain courses. Find out more details on eligibility criteria.
EAMCET 2013 Exam Pattern
- Engineering (E): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Agriculture and Medical (AM): 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Two separate tests are available, one in the morning and the second in the afternoon. You may take one of the tests or both. Questions will be multiple choice type, with answers to be indicated on a Optical Mark Reader (OMR) response sheet.
Questions on the paper are in English and Telugu. If you studied for the qualifying exam in Urdu and wish to have the EAMCET questions translated into Urdu, you will only be able to take this test in Hyderabad.
EAMCET 2013 Syllabus
Find out details of the EAMCET 2013 syllabus.
EAMCET 2013 Application Procedure
To apply for the test, you must fill out the online application. Other documents will also need to be collected, such as a birth certificate, local status certificate, income certificate and any category or special category certificates. Submit the filled application form to the invigilator on the day of the test, after affixing a recent color photograph as specified in the instructions. You will need to have the form attested by a Gazetted Officer/ Principal from the college where you studied.
The registration fee for the Engineering (E) exam is Rs. 250 and for the Agriculture and Medical (AM) exam the fee is also Rs. 250. If you are taking both tests (E & AM), the fee is Rs. 500. You can pay the registration fee or late fee through AP Online Centers/Mee Seva centres/e-seva centers in AP or through Payment Gateway with a debit or credit card. The hall ticket for entrance to the test will be available from 24 April to 8 May 2013. Follow all online instructions when submitting your application.
If you applying to take both tests, select the option for E & AM Category during the online application process to ensure that you are allotted the same test centre for both exams.
EAMCET 2013 Exam Centres
Entrance test and help centres are listed below:
Hyderabad - North
Hyderabad - South
Hyderabad - West
Hyderabad - Central
The Hyderabad regional centre will be divided into four zones.
Hyderabad - North:
- L. B Nagar
Hyderabad - South:
- Rajendra Nagar
Hyderabad - West:
- Secunderabad Cantonment
Hyderabad - Central:
- Jubilee Hills
You may choose your regional centre while filling out the application form. This choice cannot be changed later. Centres may be changed or deleted by the convener. If you wish to have the test questions translated into Urdu, this test will be available only in Hyderabad.