All India Bar Examination (AIBE) 2013 on 14 July, 2013
The Bar Council of India (BCI) has notified that it will conduct the fifth All India Bar Examination (AIBE-V) on 14 July, 2013. The exam aims to assess a lawyer's capabilities to practice law in India and intends to set a minimum standard for admission to the practice of law in India. The exam addresses a candidate's analytical abilities and basic knowledge of law.
All law students graduating from academic year 2009-10 onwards have had to clear the exam to practice law in India. There is no limit to the number of times you can appear for the All India Bar Examination.
Some important dates related to the All India Bar Examination 2013 are as follows:
Online registration for AIBE 2013
20 April - 30 May, 2013
Last date to submit application fee (through challan)
31 May, 2013
Last date for receipt of completed application form along with documents at BCI office
10 June, 2013 by 5 p.m.
AIBE 2013 date
14 July, 2013
The application fee for both first-time (fresh) and repeat candidates is Rs. 1,950 (includes Rs. 50 State Bank of India surcharge.)
1. Candidates need to register online (www.allindiabarexamination.com/aiberesult/RegistrationForm.aspx)
2. After registering, candidates have to log in to their respective accounts (www.allindiabarexamination.com/aiberesult/Application.aspx)
3. Get a print out of the "bank challan" after logging in to your account.
4. Fill in the bank challan and submit it along with the application fee at the nearest branch of the State Bank of India (SBI). It takes approximately 24 hours for a candidate's registration to be effective, so make payment only a day after registering.
5. Wait to get the payment acknowledgement (it takes approximately 12 to 24 hours). Then proceed to print your application form by logging into your registration account.
6. Complete the application form and send it to:
"All India Bar Examination"
Bar Council of India
21 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area
ITO, Near Bal Bhawan New Delhi - 110002
Important: Send your AIBE 2013 application form along with all required documents. Incomplete applications or applications with incomplete documents will be rejected.
Exam paper format
The AIBE will be an open book test. This means that the candidates may bring any reading material or study aid that they choose. Get more details about the exam format on the AIBE 2013 Exam Pattern page.
The syllabus for AIBE is prescribed by the BCI. Get more details about the exam syllabus on the AIBE 2013 syllabus page.
AIBE 2013 contact details
Bar Council of India
21, Rouse Avenue Institutional Area
Near Bal Bhawan
New Delhi - 110 002
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Helpline numbers for the All India Bar Exam: 0120-4897900, 011-49225022/23
"Notification on AIBE-V," www.allindiabarexamination.com, May 2013, http://www.allindiabarexamination.com/
"#8 Notification - All India Bar Examination-V (AIBE-V)," The Bar Council of India, May 2013, http://www.barcouncilofindia.org/8-notification-of-requesting-to-re-checking-of-answer-sheet-all-india-bar-examination-%E2%80%93iv/