Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Open Management Admission Test (OPENMAT) 2013
The Open Management Test (OPENMAT) 2013 is conducted twice a year by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for admission to MBA, postgraduate diploma and diploma programs in management.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 Entrance Exam shall be conducted on 3 February 2013. Based on the OPENMAT 2013 score, candidates can be offered admission in different management courses at various IGNOU Study Centres across India.
The admission process for different management and diploma programs begins in July. The following management programs are offered by IGNOU:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
OPENMAT may help working professionals obtain a management certificate while continuing their work. Courses are offered through a distance learning mode.
OPENMAT 2013 Exam Dates
IGNOU has declared the OPENMAT examination schedule for admission to its various management courses.
Last date to submit entrance test form
15 December 2012
3 February 2013
Last date to submit application for admission (depending on semester desired)
31 May 2013/30 November 2013
Admission begins (depending on semester desired)
July 2013/January 2014
Hall Tickets are provided to candidates 10 days prior to the entrance test. The result card is sent six to seven weeks following the exam, or downloaded from the IGNOU website. If you qualify from the entrance test, you may apply for admission in May or November and begin courses in July or January.
OPENMAT 2013 Eligibility Criteria
OPENMAT 2013 is administered for graduate and undergraduate students.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 is described below:
1. Graduation in any discipline with 50 percent marks (general category) and 45 percent for Reserved Category. Also eligible are those with a bachelor's degree and three years of supervisory/managerial/professional experience, or those with a professional degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law/Pharmacy. Other ways to gain eligibility are professional qualifications in Accountancy/Cost and Works Accountancy/Company Secretaryship, or a master's degree in any subject.
2. Clearance of OPENMAT qualifies candidates for admission. Candidates who have successfully passed entrance tests for admission such as CAT, MAT or State Level tests need not appear in OPENMAT. The cut-off percentage for admitting these candidates is decided by the university, with a minimum of 40 percent.
3. Also eligible are non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of managerial/supervisory/professional experience (after clearing the entrance test).
Qualifying standards for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) category and female candidates may be relaxed.
OPENMAT 2013 Exam Pattern
No. of questions
All the above sections are administered in a composite test booklet which is printed in English. Candidates will be given a time of three hours to answer 200 questions. Since the questions in the test booklet are objective type, answers are not required in words or sentences.
For each question, there are four choices and only one is correct. Use an HB pencil to darken correct answer circles. Before attempting to answer, candidates are advised to read the instructions given in the question booklet and listen to the exam administrator.
OPENMAT 2013 Application Process
The Student Handbook and Prospectus for IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 can be obtained from the Registrar (SED), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi - 110 068 and from all the Regional Centres of IGNOU (whose addresses are available on www.ignou.ac) by sending a sum of Rs. 550/- through a demand draft in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi/city of concerned Regional Centre. The fee may also be paid through bank challan.
Please write your name and address on the back of the demand draft. The application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from the website: www.ignou.ac.in and sent along with a demand draft for Rs.550/- in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi by Registered/ Speed Post to Registrar, SED, Block 12, IGNOU, Maidun Garhi, New Delhi - 110 068.
The prospectus will be sent to applicants after receipt of Rs. 550/ -- as explained above. The completed form for the test must reach the Registrar (SED), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi - 110068, by Registered Post/ Speed Post on or before the last date on the application. Only send the fee with the OPENMAT form if the form was downloaded from the website.
OPENMAT 2013 Preparation Material
IGNOU OPENMAT is a competitive examination. You can prepare for the test by practicing previous years' question papers and studying the books listed on this page.
Manorama Year Book 2011
S.Chand Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (Fully Solved)
by R. S. Aggarwal
Pearson Quantitative Aptitude For CAT And Other MBA Entrance Exams
Sultan Quantitative Aptitude
by S. P. Gupta & P. K. Gupta
Ramesh Logical and Analytical Reasoning
by A. K. Gupta
Upkars Quicker Reasoning Test
by Dr. M. B. Lal & A. K. Singh
Upkars New Paradigm Reasoning Test
by Editorial Board of Pratiyogita Darpan
IGNOU offers a sample entrance test paper for the management programme.
OPENMAT 2013 Results
Check your OPENMAT 2013 score.
OPENMAT 2013 QnA
If you have queries related OPENMAT 2013 entrance examination you can always ask our counselor.
OPENMAT Contact Details
Indira Gandhi National Open University
New Delhi - 110068