IIMC, Delhi invites applications to PG Diploma Courses in Journalism, Advertising, PR for 2015-16
The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC, Delhi) invites applications from candidates for admission to various post graduate diploma courses in Journalism for the academic year 2015-2016. IIMC is run by an autonomous body, IIMC Society which is registered under the Societies registration Act 1867. The institute is funded by the Ministry of Information and Technology, the Government of India. IIMC is considered one of the premier mass communication institute in India in imparting education, training and research in the field of journalism, advertising and mass communication.
IIMC is currently offering the following courses for the year 2015-2016 at the specific campuses:
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism (English) - New Delhi, Odisha (Dhenkanal), Mizoram (Aizawl), Maharashtra (Amravati), Jammu & Kashmir (Jammu), Kerala (Kottayam)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi) - New Delhi
- Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism - New Delhi
- Post- Graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations - New Delhi
- Post- Graduate Diploma in Journalism (Odia) - Odisha
The medium of examination will be in Hindi or English; Odia for PG Diploma in Journalism (Odia)
Application forms available for sale from: 10 March, 2015
Last date to purchase application forms: 8 Mayl, 2015
Last of submission & receipt of completed application forms (with DD): 8 May, 2015
Date of Entrance examination for Journalism (Hindi & English) course, Radio & TV Journalism course, Advertising & Public Relations (PR) course: 31 May, 2015
Entrance test for Odia Journalism course: 1 June, 2015
|Application Forms Now Available|
On 31 May, 2015:
- Journalism (Hindi/English): 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Radio & TV Journalism: 12 noon - 2 p.m.
- Advertising and Public Relations: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
On 1 June, 2015:
- Odia Journalism: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Declaration of results: Second/ Third week of June, 2015
Interview Dates: Last week of June/ First week of July
Applicants must satisfy the below mentioned requirements to apply for the programmes:
- Candidates applying for all Post-Graduate Diploma courses must be Indian nationals.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. Also, candidates who are in the final year of the undergraduate course are also eligible to apply, provided they are able to produce provisional certificate in original before 31 August, 2015.
- There is an upper age limit for candidates who wish to apply for the programmes; general category- 1August 1990 or later. For SC/ST/PH candidates- 1 August 1985 or later and for OBC candidates - 1 August 1987 or later.
Exam pattern and syllabus
Admission to all courses shall be made on the basis of a written examination followed by a personal interview and group discussion. The written examination and personal interview score weightage will be 85% and 15% respectively. The tests shall be conducted separately for Journalism courses in English, Hindi and Odia, Advertising & Public Relations, and Radio & TV Journalism. There is no fixed pattern in which the examination is to be conducted.
The syllabus for Journalism courses will include general awareness with understanding of social dynamics, social history, polity & economy, international developments, Aptitude & logical reasoning, language capability, and analytical & comprehension skills.
The test paper for Advertising & Public relations may consist of questions on general awareness, aptitude, language capability, Analytical & comprehension skills, brand awareness & recall, social consciousness, and lateral thinking capabilities.
The application form can be obtained and submitted through any one of the mode;
- Offline Application: Application forms can be obtained in person or by post on payment of Rs. 1200 for general category and Rs. 1100 for SC/ST/OBC/PH through demand draft drawn in favour of "Registrar, IIMC" payable at New Delhi or IIMC Dhenekanal (Odisha). If you are requesting for application through post then your application should be accompanied by a demand draft and a self-addressed stamped (Rs 70) envelop (27x17 cm). You can also download the application forms from "http://iimc.gov.in/content/29_1_PostGraduateDiplomaCourses.aspx" and then fill them up.
- Online Application: You can apply online here. Completed application form should be send along with a demand draft of Rs. 1200 general category (Rs. 1100 for reserved category candidates).
Candidates must note that application form/entrance test for Post-graduate diploma course in Journalism (English & Hindi) is common. All the other programmes have separate application form/entrance test. If you wish to apply for more than one course you will be required to fill separate forms for each course you apply for.
Completed application forms should be send by post/in person to "Registrar, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi- 110067.
New Delhi, Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Aizawl (Mizoram), Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Bangalore (Karnataka), Bhopal (MP),Chennai (TN), Guwahati (Assam), Jammu and Srinagar (J&K), Hyderabad (AP & Telangana), Kolkata (WB), Kochi (Kerala) Lucknow (U.P.), Mumbai, Nagpur (Maharashtra), Patna (Bihar), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Raipur (Chattisgarh)
IIMC campuses & contact details
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067
Ph: 011-26741073, 26741987, 26741352, 26742920, 26742940, 26742960
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Dhenkanal, Orissa
Post Box No. 21, Sanchar Marg, Dhenkanal, Orissa 759001
Ph: 06762-226194, 226196
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aizawl, Mizoram
Mizoram University Campus, Tanhril
Post Box No. 190, Aizwal, Mizoram
Telephone: 0389-2300871, 2322813
MZU Campus: 8794717731
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Kottayam, Kerala
Ground Floor, Classroom Cluster, Mahatma Gandhi University,
Priyadarshini Hill PO, Kottayam- 686560
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Amravati, Maharashtra
IIMC Campus, Dr. Shrikant Jickhar Memorial Research Centre for Central Indian History & Culture,
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University,
Amravati (Maharashtra) 444602
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Jammu, J&K
3rd Floor, Vikas Bhawan, Rail Head Complex,
Mobile: 09419146030, 1912479523