Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Admissions to PGDFM & FPM Programmes 2014
The Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), an autonomous institution by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India conducts courses, training, research and consultancy in the field of forest, environment and natural resources management. The institute invites applications for Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (PGDFM) and Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) courses for 2014 session.
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is an AICTE approved doctoral programme that imparts management education and research skills in the following areas:
- Communication and Extension Management
- Ecosystem and Environment Management
- Environment and Developmental Economics
- Financial Management
- Resource Management
- Information Technology and Quantitative Techniques
- Marketing Management
- Sociology and Community Development
- Technical Forestry
The Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (PGDFM) is a two-year completely residential course with three major specialisations that you can choose from:
- Conservation and Livelihood (C&L)
- Environmental Management (EM)
- Developmental Management (DM)
The course offers dual specialisation (major and minor) and you can choose from the available compulsory and elective courses.
- Last date for completed applications to reach IIFM Bhopal: 21 January, 2014
- Estimated date for group discussion and interview round: April 2014
- Last date for completed applications to reach IIFM Bhopal: 2 April, 2014
- You must hold a Bachelor's degree in any discipline (10+2+3) or equivalent qualification recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with minimum 50 per cent aggregate (45% for SC/ST/DA) or equivalent CGPA.
- You can apply if you are in the final year of graduation, to be completed before 30 June, 2014 and fulfil the scoring criteria.
- Your age must be 45 or less as on 01 July, 2014.
- You must hold a Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) with minimum 50 per cent aggregate marks.
- You must fulfil any one of the following criteria -
- Hold a Master's degree (of minimum two years) in a discipline relevant to the FPM course (as determined by the institute) with minimum 55 per cent marks or completed a four or five year integrated Master's degree programme
- Hold a professional qualification like CA, CS or ICWA with at least 55 per cent marks
- Be an IIFM or IIM graduate having cleared PGDM course with a minimum OGPA of 3.00 out of a 4.33 maximum scale.
- Be a MRM postgraduate from IIFM with 3.00 CGPA.
Exam pattern and syllabus
For admission to the PGDFM course, you must appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). IIFM shortlists candidates on the basis of their CAT 2013 scores for further rounds of selection.
An internal screening test is conducted to shortlist candidates for group discussion (GD) and interview that fulfil the academic eligibility criteria and hold five years' work experience post the studies. You can, however, get called directly for the GD and interview if you hold valid scores any of the following exams:
- GATE (scores not older than five years)
- FRI entrance test for PhD (within last two years)
- ICAR NET (scores not older than five years)
- IIM CAT/GMAT (score of within last two years with required cut off as decided by the IIFM)
- MRM from IIFM with 3.00 CGPA
- All India and allied services officers, officers in scale II of Nationalized Bank, PSU officers of equivalent rank
- PGDFM/PGDM from IIFM/IIM with a minimum of OGPA of 3.00
- UGC-CSIR-JRF/NET (scores not older than five years) in relevant area of specialisation.
- You must appear for the CAT exam and submit your CAT score along with the application form.
- You can apply in one of the following ways:
- Fill an online application form at http://www.mponline.gov.in/Portal/Services/IIFM/FRMHomePage.aspx and submit along with an application fee of Rs. 900 (Rs. 450 for SC/ST) through credit or debit card or net banking. If you are a student from Madhya Pradesh, apply online at http://www.mponline.gov.in/Portal/UserInterface/KIOSK/AuthKIOSKList.aspx?type=MPOnline and submit fee in cash at an authorised KIOSK centre.
- Download the application form from the official website and post it with required documents and a Demand Draft of Rs. 900 (Rs. 450 for SC/ST) through speed post.
- Obtain the admission bulletin and form personally or by post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 900 (Rs. 450 for SC/ST) favour of Director, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal.
- Download the application form from the official website (http://www.iifm.ac.in/fpm/form2014.pdf) and complete the form along with a Statement of Purpose, personal history, two letters of recommendation and attested copies of certificates and score sheets of your standard test (CAT, GATE, ICAR-NET, etc.)
- Attach a Demand Draft of Rs. 500 in favour of the 'Director, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal' and send your application to Chairperson - FPM, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal - 462003.
Interview and Discussion
For PGDFM course selection, you will be called for group discussion and interview if shortlisted on basis of your application and CAT score. IIFM allots centres at Bhopal, Delhi, Bengaluru and Kolkata based on your choice specified in the form.
FPM selection interview and personal discussion takes place in Bhopal. Selection is based on the application details submitted by you and screening test result/standard test score.