Indian Navy invites Applications to enroll as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) Course 2014
The Indian Navy is one of the three wings of the Indian Armed Forces with various forms of entry. The different branches and trade structures you can be part of include executive branch, aviation branch, submarine branch, electrical branch, engineering branch and medical branch. Applications are currently invited for enrolling as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) February, 2014 batch.
The SSR entry is open to you if you have cleared 10+2 or equivalent secondary exam. The entry course begins with a 24-week Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by 24-week professional training at an allotted naval establishment in the country. Upon successful completion, you will be engaged as an SSR sailor in any one the branches of Indian Navy for a period of 15 years, extendable up to 57 years of age, depending on rank achieved and performance.
- Online application form can be filled on the website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in from 23 November, 2013 onwards.
- Last date for registration for online application is 6 December, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of application is 15 December, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of applications from remote areas like of North East, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep & Minicoy Island is 22 December, 2013.
- Nationality: You should be an unmarried male citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Age: Your date of birth must lie between 01 August, 1993 and 31 July, 1997 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational qualification: You should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics and at least one of the optional subjects of Chemistry, biology or Computers.
- Physical standard: You should be physically fit for being inducted into service. A physical fitness test (PFT) upon qualifying written exam will determine your eligibility in the final rounds.
- Medical standard: You must meet the guidelines for mental and physical health standards applicable to sailors of Indian Navy on entry (laid down by the Navy Orders (SPL) 01/1999 by IHQ MOD (Navy), as will be determined by medical examination in final round.
Exam pattern and syllabus
A. Written exam: The question paper carries objective-type questions, both in Hindi and English, and is divided into four separate sections for Artificer Apprentice, Senior Secondary Recruit entry and Matric Recruit entry, namely English, Mathematics, General Knowledge and Science of 60 minutes duration. (The Non Matric entry paper comprises only Mathematics and General Knowledge and is of 40 minutes duration). You must clear all sections individually and in aggregate. The result of the written test is generally declared on the same day.
B. Physical Fitness test (PFT): PFT is compulsory once you clear the written test. It comprises of a 1.6 km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 25 squat ups and 10 push-ups.
|Application Forms Now Available|
C. Medical Test: Entry level medical is conducted by authorized military doctors if you clear the written exam and qualify the PFT. You can avail a specialist review from a specified military hospital within 21 days in case you are declared temporary unfit, or can appeal against permanently unfit result for specialist opinion by Military Receivable Officer (MRO) on payment of R 40 in a military hospital.
Fill the online application form at the website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in. Click 'Sailors Entry' under the 'apply online' button of the home page and click 'Submit' once you have completed the form. Submit separate forms if you are additionally applying to sailor entry other SSR, but fill only one form per entry. Take a print out of the completed form, add your signature and attach attested copies of the following documents to the form:
- Photograph with blue background
- Matriculation certificate
- 10+2 marksheet
- Domicile certificate
- NCC certificate (if held)
- A self-addressed envelope of size 22x10 cms with Rs. 10 stamp affixed
Mail the application form and documents through ordinary post (applications received by speed post, registered post or courier are rejected) to the mailing address listed for your state at http://nausena-bharti.nic.in/pdf/SSR/AdvEnglish.pdf. On top of the envelope, write 'Online SSR Application -02/14 batch & 10+2 percentage'.
Applications are shortlisted on basis of higher education and percentage of marks. You will receive a call-up letter that will indicate the date, time and venue of the Sailor entry exam. You can also download your admit card from the website.