NBE to conduct DNB CET for PG Medical Courses January 2014 Admissions
Applications are invited by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for Diplomate of National Board, Centralized Entrance Test (DNB-CET) for admission to the various postgraduate courses in modern medicine, session beginning from January 2014.
(Read: What is DNB CET exam?)
- Availability of Information bulletin- cum- Examination Fee Voucher at designated branches of Axis Bank: 3 October, 2013 to 1 November, 2013
- Online Registration and Scheduling for DNB-CET Examination: 3 October, 2013 to 3 November, 2013; till 11.59pm.
- Examination dates for DNB-CET: 15 - 21 November, 2013 (17 & 20 Nov are non-testing days)
- Declaration of results: by 7 January, 2014
- The cutoff date for completing internship: 31 January, 2014
- Candidates, who possess MBBS degree, Provisional Pass Certificate/provisional registration certificate of MBBS from Indian Medical Council and have completed one year of internship before 31 January, 2014 are eligible to apply. Registration with MCI or State Medical Council is mandatory.
- Candidates found ineligible at any state of the DNB - CET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. Visit the DNB CET eligibility criteria page for details.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- The test comprises 200 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English Language only.
- The examination is computer based and would be of 3 hours' duration. Click to view detailed exam pattern & syllabus.
- Successful candidates will be called on for the Centralized merit based counseling session for allotment of seats in various institutions under NBE. (Get details from the DNB CET Counselling page.)
- The weightage of multiple choice questions is indicative and purely provisional.
- There is no negative marking.
- Applicants will be allotted time to take the test either in the Forenoon Session or in the Afternoon session.
i) Candidate reporting time at reporting center- Forenoon session: 9.00 a.m.; Afternoon session: 2.15 p. m.
ii) Reporting counter entry closes- Forenoon Session: 9.30 a.m.; Afternoon session: 2.45p. m.
iii) Check-in Procedures- Forenoon Session: 9.00a.m. to 10.00a.m.; Afternoon session: 2.15p.m. to 3.15p.m.
iv) Test start time- Forenoon session-10.00a.m.; Afternoon Session-3.15p.m.
v) Test end time- Forenoon session-1.15p.m.; Afternoon Session- 6.30p.m.
The syllabus shall comprise of subjects as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India.
- Applications are available online at the official website - www.natboard.edu.in
- The fees for the examination is Rs. 4250 and the composite information bulletin cum examination fee voucher is available at selective Axis Bank outlets.
- The unique serial number is on the scratch panel and this number must be entered in the website during the process of registration and scheduling.
- Fees are not refundable. Learn the detailed application procedure from the DNB CET application page.