Pearl Academy Admissions 2013 for Professional Diploma Courses in Fashion, Luxury, Interior Design
Pearl Academy offers courses that cater to the needs of the design, fashion, business and retail industry. Applications are invited for diploma and professional diploma courses for the academic year 2013 to 2014.
- Professional Photography with BTK Germany: This is a one-year international joint diploma programme in which students can study photography in India at Pearl Academy of Fashion and in Berlin at BTK Academy of Design, Berlin, Germany. This course is offered at the Delhi campus.
- Styling for Interiors: A one-year programme of three semesters. It is aimed at students wishing to be trained as stylists for the home furnishing and interior design industry who could perform as part of teams that style spaces or as individual entrepreneurs. This course is offered at the Delhi campus.
- Fashion Media Make Up: This one-year comprehensive diploma was conceived with technical assistance from London College of Fashion (LCF), U.K. and teaches makeup and hairstyling techniques. It offers conceptual and practical studies and training for those who are serious about a career in high fashion makeup artistry. This course is offered at the Delhi and Noida campus.
- Fashion Women's Wear: This one-year professional programme has been specially designed to propagate high quality fashion and design education with the latest fashion industry concepts for women's wear. This course is offered at the Delhi campus.
Professional diploma courses
- Luxury Brand with NABA Milan: This one-year professional diploma is designed and delivered in collaboration with Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti, "New Academy of Fine Arts" (NABA), Milan. This course covers the Global Luxury Market, Luxury Brand Management, Heritage, Luxury Shopper Behaviour, Sophisticated Marketing Skills for Elite Customers, Luxury Store Management, Luxury Marketing, Merchandising & Buying and PR/Luxury Events. This course is offered at the Delhi campus.
- Fashion & Lifestyle E-commerce: This one-year professional diploma prepares professionals for the changing face of fashion retail in India and abroad. Training is provided in marketing, communication, branding, entrepreneurship, fashion and retailing to build an e-commerce business and scale it up with cost-effective tools of digital marketing. This course is offered at the Delhi & Noida campus.
Candidates interested in the diploma courses should have completed their 10+2 in any discipline (science/commerce/humanities) from a recognized university.
Candidates interested in the professional diploma courses should be graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.
Candidates seeking admission to the professional diploma programmes have to appear for a General Proficiency Test (GPT) and a personal interview. The GPT is set in English and tests students' proficiency in language (comprehension, vocabulary and expression), basic mathematics (up to the 10th standard level) and logic.
Candidates seeking admission to the diploma programmes have to appear only for a personal interview.
The academy will inform the candidates about the dates for the test and the interview.
The prospectus and application forms can be obtained from the academy's counter at the Delhi and Noida campuses by payment in cash or by crossed demand draft (DD) of Rs. 500. The prospectus and forms are also available on the official website. Outstation candidates can obtain the prospectus and application form by post by sending a DD of Rs. 525.
For any clarification, students may call the toll free number 1800 103 3005 on any working day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
"Admission Procedure," 2013, Pearl Academy, http://pearlacademy.com/admission-procedure/
"Admissions 2013 - FAQ," 2013, Pearl Academy, http://pearlacademy.com/admissions-2013-faq/
"Prospectus 2013 - Diploma Programmes," 2013, Pearl Academy, http://pearlacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/PDProspectus2013.pdf