TISSNET 2013 on 22 Dec for Admissions to Masters Programs by TISS
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) would be conducting TISSNET 2013 (TISS National Entrance Test) for admission to its full-time post graduate degree programs in subjects such as social work, health, management, development, habitat and climate sciences.
TISS offers 45 courses (M.A., M.Sc, M.H.A, M.P.H) in campuses situated in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad. Forty five options are available in the four degree programs and students can apply for maximum three programs across two institutes.
- Last date for filling up application forms online: 15 November, 2013
- Last date for receipt of admission forms by post: 28 October, 2013
- Orientation for reserved class: 15-16 November, 2013 (Mumbai & Guwahati); 16-17 November, 2013 (Delhi); 29-30 November, 2013 (Hyderabad.)
- Tentative date of receiving admit card by email: Fourth week of November, 2013
- TISSNET 2013: 22 December, 2013 (2 p.m. - 3.40 p.m.)
- Date for receiving scores online: February 1, 2014
- Pre-interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) at Mumbai, Tuljapur: 11-21 March, 2014
- PIT and PI in Hyderabad: 24-29 March, 2014
- PIT and PI in Guwahati: March 31-April 3, 2014
- Announcement of selection list: April 26, 2013
Visit the TISS Exam Dates page FOR further details on TISSNET 2013 exam dates.
The general eligibility conditions are stated here and for more information pertaining to the eligibility of each degree program students must log on to the official website- https://admissions.tiss.edu
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree with minimum 3 years deration or its equivalent (under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern fulfilling 15 years of formal education) from a recognized university)
- Candidates who can complete all requirements of their final year Bachelor's Degree examinations by June 14, 2014 may also apply for provisional admission.
Read the detailed eligibility criteria on the TISS eligibility page.
Exam pattern and syllabus
TISS-NET is a computer based test. Candidates have to answer objective type questions pertaining to analytical skills, social sensitivity, knowledge on contemporary issues, and logical reasoning in duration of 1 hour 40 minutes. Those with very basic computer knowledge can take the test easily.
Model question paper as per the syllabus will be available on the official website on November 10, 2013. Get detailed exam pattern information on the TISSNET exam pattern page.
- Candidate can apply for the three programs in two institutes by online application.
- For those who do not have access to internet may collect the form from the institute and send it by speed post to the institute.
- Application fees is Rs. 1020/- for online application or Rs.1000/- + bank charges for postal applications.
- Exemptions in application fees are applied to reserved class whose income is below Rs.1,00,000/- in the last financial year.
- Proper documents/certificates are to be attached in all cases.
Admission details, TISS, https://admissions.tiss.edu/admission-process/online-application-form