Tolani Maritime Institute's TMISAT 2013 for B.S. Maritime Engineering & Nautical Technology
Tolani Maritime Institute is inviting applications to Bachelor of Science (B.S.) courses for the academic year starting in 2013. Students need to take the Tolani Maritime Institute Science Aptitude Test (TMISAT) or Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT).
- B.S. Maritime Engineering: four-year course
- B.S. Nautical Technology: four-year course
Candidates will be examined on the basis of communication skills, temperamental suitability, leadership qualities, physical fitness and aptitude for scientific concepts.
Students who wish to join this university must either take the TMISAT exam online or the BITSAT-2013 exam (you may take both). But those appearing in the TMISAT online test cannot reappear in BITSAT 2013.
- Application forms available: First week of January, 2013
- Last date to submit application forms for online April TMISAT in the national test centres: 19 March, 2013
- Last date of submission for TMI Induri online test in June 2013: 31 May, 2013
- Online test and interviews: Second week of April, 2013
- Online test for shortlisted applicants: June, 2013
The B.S. Nautical technology as well as the B.S. Maritime Engineering has the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: Male candidates born on or after 1 September, 1992 may apply for 2013. For female candidates, those born on or after 1 September, 1990 can apply.
- Sex: TMI invites applications from both male and female candidates.
- Marital status: Candidates must be unmarried
- Academic qualification: Candidates must have either of these two items with successful completion of 10+2 examination or its equivalent.
- At least sixty per cent marks in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- At least fifty per cent marks in English in either class 10 or class 12
- Physical Fitness: The basic standards of fitness have been already set by the institute and it is preferable to get your own self examined by a qualified doctor. Your sound health will ensure meeting with the standards at the Institute.
Those applying for B.S. Marine Engineering must not be colorblind; many other physical requirements also apply. Check with TMI for more details.
TMISAT Exam pattern
The exam may be separated into three parts:
- Online test: TMISAT is the online test with multiple choice objective questions from physics, chemistry, mathematics, analytical problem solving and logic. There are 100 questions, there is negative marking only in the physics and maths sections. The test will take two hours.
- Personal interview: A designated panel of esteemed educators interview the candidates evaluating them for their aptitudes, subject knowledge, interpersonal skills, reasoning skills, language skills and other extracurricular activities.
- Medical examination: Selected candidates will be evaluated by the medical practitioner of the institute for their physical fitness.
Questions will generally pertain to the higher secondary syllabus of physics, chemistry and mathematics. Candidates must also sharpen their general knowledge and analytical and logic skills.
You may acquire the application by:
- Online: For those who are filling up the form online, must fill in the application form, pay the non-refundable fees for application and test with credit or debit card (or demand draft in favour of Tolani Maritime Institute payable at Pune) and then send the printout of the same along proof of transaction details or demand draft to TMI.
- Offline: Application forms will be available at TMI Induri with the payment of Rs. 300 by cash, pay order or demand draft. After filling up the application, the same must be sent to TMI along with the DD or pay order of Rs. 1000 in favour of TMI payable at Pune, with the correct form number and contact details at the back of the draft.
- Axis Bank Branch: Application forms will be available at select Axis Bank Branches by paying the same fee as above; send to TMI as mentioned in the offline section.
Do not forget to submit all necessary documents such as mark sheets, age proof and photographs along with the application form.
The TMISAT 2013 examinations will be conducted on the first or second week of April (as well as in June) and exam centres have been established in:
For those applications received after March 19, the exam centre will be the institute itself at Induri.
"Admissions 2013," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,107.html
"Eligibility 2013 - B.S. Marine Engineering," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,110.html
"Eligibility 2013 - B.S. Nautical Technology," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,115.html
"How to Apply - B.S. Marine Engineering," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,113.html
"How to Apply - B.S. Nautical Technology," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,118.html
"Important Dates 2013 - Application into B.S. Marine Engineering," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,114.html
"Selection Procedure - B.S. Marine Engineering," Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,111.html
"Selection Procedure - B.S. Nautical Technology, Tolani Maritime Institute, http://www.tolani.edu/tmi/index,116.html