Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) 2013 for M.D., M.S. and Postgraduate Diploma Courses
The Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (UPPGMET) will be held on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 for admission to the 2013 to 2014 academic session of medical programs in current member colleges.
U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA)
UPUMCWA is registered under the Societies Registration Act and a consortium of Unaided Non-Minority Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh. The association is located in Bareilly.
UPPGMET tests for admission to the programs listed below:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Master of Surgery (M.S.)
- Postgraduate Diploma
Current member colleges are as follows (as of February 2013):
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences
- Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar
- NSCB Subharti Medical College, Meerut
- Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre
- Rohilkhand Medical College, Bareilly
- Saraswati Institute of Medical Sciences
- Sharda University School of Medical Sciences and Research
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak
Not all programs may be available at each college.
UPPGMET 2013 Important Dates
- Forms available for download or paper mode: 23 October 2012
- Forms available at participating colleges: 1 November 2012
- Last date to submit form online: 5 March 2013
- Last date for submission by post: 5 March 2013
- Date of exam: 19 March 2013
- Results available: Last week of March, 2013
- Counselling: After March 31, 2013
The minimum cut-off marks for UPPGMET 2013 will be 50 percent (40 percent for Schedule Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes or SC/ST/OBC category candidates). Marks on the exam determine merit.
Registration slips for the test will be available for download from 10 March 2013. When you submit the registration slip, the admit card will be given.
UPPGMET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to appear for the exam, you must have successfully completed an MBBS from a program recognized by the Medical Council of India. Your internship should be completed before 1 April 2013. Additionally, you should be registered with the Medical Council of India/State Medical Council.
UPPGMET 2013 Exam Pattern
Questions on the exam are usually at the MBBS level. The approximate number of questions for each subject are listed below.
- Anaesthesia: 4
- Anatomy: 21
- Biochemistry: 9
- Community Medicine: 12
- Dermatology: 4
- Ear, Nose and Throat: 12
- Forensic Medicine: 8
- Medicine: 21
- Microbiology: 12
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: 15
- Ophthalmology: 12
- Orthopaedics: 10
- Pathology: 21
- Pediatrics: 12
- Pharmacology: 21
- Physiology: 21
- Psychiatry: 4
- Radiology: 6
- Surgery: 21
- TB and Respiratory Disease: 4
Total number of questions: 250
For each wrong answer, 1/4 mark will be deducted. All questions are objective type multiple choice.
UPPGMET 2013 Application Procedure
You may fill out the application form online or download it. Alternatively, the application form and brochure are available from cash counters at participating colleges with a Rs. 1,500 payment. The completed form and necessary documents must be sent by speed post to "The Coordinator UPPGMET-2013, Ist Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly - 243 001" with a demand draft of Rs. 1,500 in favor of UPUMCWA, payable at Bareilly. The form should reach the coordinator by March 5.
UPPGMET 2013 Exam Centre
The test will be held only in New Delhi/Delhi.