Vocational Courses after Class 10
You should consider yourself lucky to be in an era where you are spoiled with choices. If you feel that academics is not your forte and you will not be scoring good grades to pursue Class 12 in stream of your choice – then there is little reason to be disheartened. Not all can manage a A or A+ or even a B+ but it does not mean that it’s the end of the road. Today you can still make a career, earn a respectable living and make it big even if you do not complete formal education.
Option1: You can enroll in Class 12 preferably Arts stream, as it will help you to concentrate on additional courses of your choice. You can pursue vocational courses in computer hardware, typewriting, stenography, electric technician, beautician and tailoring.
Option 2: You can directly join a vocational course under any affiliated institute and complete your Class 12 through Open Schooling.
Vocational Courses After Class 10
- Typewriting (English/Hindi) VIII or X class pass from a board
- Stenography (English/Hind)
- Secretarial ( English/Hindi Medium)
- Electrical Technician VIII or V Class pass with 2 years experience in Electrical Trade
- Electronics (Radio/TV/Tape Recorder Mechanic) X or VIII pass with two years experience in the trade.
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (VIII pass)
- Plumbing (VIII or V Class with experience)
- Beauty Culture (VIII pass)
- Library Assistant (VIII pass)
- Cutting/Tailoring & Dress Making (literate)
- Jan Swasthya ( X pass)
For details on vocational courses, click here.
Students between 14 to 25 years of age can apply for such courses and there are age relaxations for ex-servicemen and widowed women. Academic qualification varies from course to course and usually caries from 8th to the 12th standard.
Vocational Training Institutes in India
Vocational training institutes or colleges are spread across all over India. Almost all the states in India have institutes offering vocational courses. For a complete list of institutes offering vocation courses are given here.