CBSE Class 12 Psychology Preparation Tips, Topics, Notes
What is Psychology?
Psychology is the study of mental process and a person’s behaviour. A professional practitioner, who practices psychology, is known as a psychologist. Psychologists study things like reactions, emotions and behaviour of a person. Today, psychology is becoming one of the most sought after professions.
Important topics in CBSE Class 12 Psychology
- Applied Psychology
- Self and Personality
- Intelligence and Aptitude
- Attitude and Social Cognition
- Therapeutic Approaches and counseling.
Important topics in CBSE Class 12 Psychology : Marks-wise
- Self and Personality 10 marks
- Intelligence and Aptitude 09 marks
- Attitude and Social Cognition 08 marks
- Human Strengths and meeting the Life Challenges 07 marks
- Social Influence and Group Processes 07 marks
How to prepare for CBSE Class 12 Psychology
- Explain what you are learning or have learnt. For example, if you are reading a theory by Sigmund Freud, try explaining what you have understood to someone else who knows the subject matter.
- Put your knowledge to use. The great thing about psychology is that you can practice the concepts in your real life. You can apply the concepts you learn in your class on different situations in life to test whether the given text is valid or not.
- Revise your concepts regularly.
- To know more about the terminology and the subject, submerge yourself in psychological texts like Psychology Today.
- Try to write the definitions in your own language without altering the meaning.
Tips for scoring good marks in CBSE Class 12 Psychology
- During the exam, try to write your descriptive answers in points and give pictorial or graphical illustrations wherever possible. It enhances visibility
- Scan the paper before answering
- For long answer type questions, before starting, frame a skeleton of the answer in the margin.
- Be crisp and to the point in very short questions.