CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus & Marks Distribution
Allocation of unit-wise marks for CBSE Class 12 Business Studies
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1||Nature and Significance of Management||16|
|2||Principles of Management|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
CBSE Class 12 Commerce: Business Studies Syllabus
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management - concept, objectives and importance
- Management as Science, Art and Profession
- Levels of management
- Management functions - planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination - concept, characteristics and importance
Unit 2: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management - concept, nature and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific Management - principles and techniques
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment
- Business Environment - concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment - Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalization in India.
Unit 4: Planning
- Concept, importance and limitations
- Planning process
- Single use and Standing Plans - Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Program.
Unit 5: Organizing
- Concept and importance.
- Organizing Process.
- Structure of organization - functional and divisional.
- Formal and informal organization.
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
- Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management
- Staffing process: Recruitment - sources; Selection - process
- Training and Development - Concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing - Supervision - concept, functions of a supervisor; Motivation - Concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial incentives.; - Leadership - concept, styles - authoritative, democratic and laissen faire.; - Communication - concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective; communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling
- Concept, nature and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in the process of control
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
- Concept and objectives of financial management.
- Financial decisions - investment, financing and dividend and factors affecting.
- Financial planning - concept and importance.
- Capital Structure - concept and factors affecting.
- Fixed and Working Capital - concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets - concept and types.
- Money market and its instruments.
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary).
- Stock Exchange - functions and training procedure. Depository Services and D'mat Account.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) - objectives and functions.
Unit 11: Marketing Management
- Marketing - concept and functions.
- Marketing management philosophies.
- Marketing Mix - concept
- Product - concept, branding, labeling and packaging. Price - factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion -concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling - concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion - concept and techniques, public relations - concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection.
- Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Meaning of consumer and consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Redressal machinery.
- Remedies available.
- Consumer awareness - Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Unit 13: Project Work