CISCE ISC - Chemistry Preparation Tips
What is Chemistry?
Chemistry is the field of science concerned with the structure, properties and composition of particle/matter, as well as the changes that a particle/matter undergoes during chemical reactions.
Chemistry Class 12 Topics
- Relative Molecular Mass and Mole
- Chemical Bonding
- States of Matters: Structure and Properties
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Transition and Inner-Transition Elements
- If you feel you are not good at Chemistry, start early. Start reading your text book as soon as possible.
- Follow up your text book concepts with a reference book to gain a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Do not try to rush and finish the chapters. You should understand that reading a book that deals with scientific concepts, theory and reactions are different from a novel or a comic.
- Try and grasp the concepts and always ask questions. Make a list of unanswered questions and ask discuss them with a teacher or a peer
- Start attending classes and laboratory lectures. Perform each and every laboratory experiment. For example, you might not remember Le Chatelier’s principle of equilibrium for reversible reactions, but if you perform the experiment, and see things happen, chances are, you will remember it for a longer duration.
- Do not ignore numerical problems. Most of the times, the problems are direct application of the formulae in use, and, at times, are mixed with your understanding of a topic. The numerical problems, if mastered are a good way to score marks.
- After you finish your syllabus, revise as many times as possible.
- When you finish, do take the sample papers provided by the CISCE in a timed environment. Also, have a look at the answers and the marking scheme provided, as no other source can give you a better judgment than the one provided by the CISCE.
Tips for scoring good marks
- During the exam, try to write your descriptive answers in points and give pictorial or graphical illustrations wherever possible. It enhances visibility
- Scan the paper before answering
- For long answer type questions, before starting, frame a skeleton of the answer in the margin.
- Do remember the S.I units of all entities.
- Be crisp and to the point in very short questions.
- Trueman’s Steps in Chemistry for Class XII Vol I & II priced at Rs 550, it is a great backup for your text books.
- Pradeep’s New Course Chemistry for Class 12, priced at Rs 742, is a hot favourite because of its simplicity in language and the number of problems it supplements it with.
- CISCE Sample papers: You can download the papers from the official website. The sample papers provided by the CISCE are as close to the real exam as it gets.
To know more about the books to follow, click here