UPSC: Civil Services Exam Dates
The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2020 notification has been released by the UPSC. The Examination is conducted in three stages. The entire process takes almost an year:
Stage I - Preliminary Examination (usually conducted in August, results by October)
Stage II - Main Examination (usually conducted around December, results by April)
Stage III - Interview (usually conducted over April/ May, final results announced a few days before the next preliminary exam)\
Civil Services exam important dates -
- Online application for preliminary exam: 12th February, 2020 - 3rd March (till 6.00 p.m.)
- Date of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2020: 31st May, 2020
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2020 results: By August, 2020
- Civil Services (Main) Exam 2020: from 18th September, 2020
- Interview/Personality test for selected candidates of Civil Services: The second week of February 2021
Interested candidates can apply online for the exam by filling up the detailed online application form. Please note that candidates applying for the Indian Forest Service Examination also have to fill this common application form.
Make sure you carefully go through the instructions for filling up the form.
The application fee is Rs. 100. All female candidates and Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Physically Handicapped category candidates don't need to pay the application fee. This does not apply to Other Backward Classes (OBS) candidates.
The application is free for physically disabled candidates as well, provided that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for medical fitness for appointment to various posts/services.