Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam Preparation Tips
NNE has prepared some preparation tips for students appearing in Indian Forest Service Examination:
- Study thoroughly through text books and practice writing model answers
- Get hold of previous years’ question papers and try formulating correct and precise answers
- You have to be proficient in English, as the questions are set and to be answered only in ENGLISH.
- For the General English Paper, practice comprehensions, essays, pr?cis and vocabulary exercises from any standard grammar/Civil Services examination handbook
- Your answers should be analytical, precise, logical and systematic.
- Basic preparations should be made from good text books, with additional backup from a variety of sources e.g. journals, newspapers, topical essays, websites, etc.
- Legible and neat handwriting will definitely enhance the quality of a well-presented precise answer.
- For the interview- Knowledge of your subject of study and overall general awareness is a must. You need to brush up your knowledge on forest-related issues, policies and status of their implementation. You should also be well aware of your home-state or state of domicile specially with respect to geographical features, forest, wild life, economic status, cultural outlook, etc.