The Media Committee of IIFT Delhi is hosting the third edition of its flagship event TEDxIIFTDelhi2017 on October 14th, 2017.
The theme this year is “Envisage, Evoke and Enlighten.” Visions are intangible and non-existent, in the sense that they exist only in the mind. And yet, they are the most powerful things in the world. Acting as catalysts and stimulants, they have turned the tides many a time.
This year’s theme ‘Envisage Evoke Enlighten’ aims to get in one place all the pace-setters and future-limbers, icons and non-conformists who have envisaged something that spurred them on and evoked their spirits and took them on an uncharted territory where they went ahead to enlighten the path for others. The results will be stories and ordeals, episodes and experiences, lessons and exemplars that will change the way you see the world. This edition of TEDxIIFTDelhi 2017 brings together an eclectic bunch of crusaders who sought to change something, turned their visions into reality and made the world a better place by their deeds. To chronicle all those tales and to unearth remarkable but lesser-known ideas, IIFT Delhi launches the third edition of TEDxIIFTDelhi.
TED is a global non-profit platform devoted to spreading ideas. Started in 1984 as a conference where technology, entertainment, and design converge, TED today shares ideas from a broad spectrum—from science to business to global issues. Independent TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. At TEDx events, live presenters spark deep conversations and connections in a small group with the objective to take world class ideas to your target community.
The speakers for this year at TEDxIIFTDelhi are:
- Mr. Javed Akhtar: Lyricist, Poet, Screenwriter
- Mr. Shiv Khera: Author of International Best-seller ‘You Can Win’
- Mr. Somdev Devvarman: Former Indian Tennis Player
- Mr. Kulmeet Bawa: MD, South Asia, Adobe
- Mr. Sameer Nair: CEO Applause Entertainment
- Ms. Suhasini Haider: Strategic & Diplomatic Affairs Editor, The Hindu
- Dr. Sonal Mansingh: Padma Vibhushan, Classical Dancer, Researcher
- Ms. Anita Nair: Famous Indian Author
- Ms. Manabi Badopadhyay: India’s 1st Transgender College Principal
- Ms. Karishma Mehta: Founder, Humans of Bombay
- Ms. Mallika Jagad: Taj Attack Bravery Award Winner
For more details, please check their website, tedxiiftdelhi.com.