GGSIPU CET 2018
The Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is known as the GGSIPU CET. This entrance examination is held to facilitate admission into the different disciplines of Engineering, Technology, and Science, at the Bachelors degree level, which leads to the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech). Diploma holders can also attend this examination to obtain the Lateral Entry scheme into the B.Tech programme. Admission can be sought into the six year Dual Degree programme, which includes the Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree. The GGSIPU CET also facilitates admission into the programmes in the field of medicine, law, mass communication, education, and management.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is established by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi under the University Act 1998. GGSIPU ( IP University) (IPU) imparts education in wide array of disciplines & admission into various degree programs whether undergraduate or post graduate level is taken via Common Entrance Test (CET).
The IP University was awarded ISO certificate 9001:2000 certification by standardization testing, quality certification directorate, department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India.
The IP University is accredited by NAAC and given A grade. Admission into the GGSIPU University is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET). GGSIPU University is affiliated and is in teaching with a aim to facilitate and promote studies in research and extension work in higher education in various disciplines like- engineering, medical, architecture, management, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing etc.
Degree Courses Offered by GGSIPU
The GGSIPU CET is conducted by the Indraprastha University for the following programmes:
B.Ed., B.Sc (H) Nursing, B.Tech, B.Tech (Bio Tech), BA LLB / BBA LLB, BBA & Allied Programmes, BCA, BDS, BHMCT, BHMS/BAMS/BPT/B.Pharma/BOT/BPO/B.Sc(MLT)/BASLP and BJMC. It is also for courses in DM (Cardiology), DM (Nephrology), DM (Neurology), DM (Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine), LE to B.Pharma (Diploma), LE to B.Tech (B.Sc. Grads.), LE to B.Tech (Diploma), LLM, M.Ch (CTVS), M.Ch (Neuro Surgery), M.Ch (Plastic Surgery), and M.Ch (Urology).
The GGSIPU CET is to be taken if you are considering pursuing courses like M.Ed, M.Sc (Bio & Conv.), M.Sc (EM), M.Sc (NRM), M.Tech ( DC / SP / RF & M / VLSI), M.Tech (ECE) Weekend, M.Tech (IT /CSE/ IS),M.Tech (IT / CSE Weekend), MA (Eng & Comm.), and MA / MSc (Criminology). MAHM / MCPHM, Master of Mass Communication, MBA, MBA (SEM), MBBS Stage I, MBBS Stage II, MCA / MCA(SE), MOT, MPH (FE), MPO, MPT, MSc (Forensic Sc.), and PGMC (MD/MS) are also programmes for which the CET is required.
GGSIPU CET 2017 Important Dates
|Events||Application Form Submission - Last Date||Exam Date||Result Declaration|
|MBA (IT)||Last week of March 2018||Third week of April 2018||First week of May 2018|
|B.Sc Nursing||Last week of March 2018||Third week of April 2018||First week of May 2018|
|MA (English)||Last week of March 2018||Third week of April 2018||First week of May 2018|
|LLB||Last week of March 2018||Third week of April 2018||First week of May 2018|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||Last week of March 2018||Last week of April 2018||Second week of May 2018|
|B.Tech||Last week of March 2018||Last week of April 2018||Second week of May 2018|
|B.Com (Hons.)||Last week of March 2018||Last week of April 2018||Third week of May 2018|
|BBA||Third week of April 2018||First week of May 2018||Last week of May 2018|
|MBA||Third week of April 2018||First week of May 2018||Last week of May 2018|
|B.Voc||Third week of April 2018||Second week of May 2018||Last week of May 2018|
|BCA||Third week of April 2018||Second week of May 2018||Last week of May 2018|
|B.Ed||Third week of April 2018||Second week of May 2018||Last week of May 2018|
|B.Ed (Special Education)||Third week of April 2018||Third week of May 2018||First week of June 2018|
|BAMS||Third week of April 2018||Second week of May 2018||Last week of May 2018|
|BHMS||Third week of April 2018||Third week of May 2018||First week of June 2018|
|PGAC (Post Graduate Ayurvedic Courses)||Third week of April 2018||Third week of May 2018||First week of June 2018|
GGSIPU CET Online Application Form
IPU University is providing the facility of On-Line Submission of IPU application form for CET along with the Common Entrance Test fee of Rs.1000/- and Rs.100/ as postage & handling can be submitted through the Internet.
- Students are required to apply online through http://ipuregn.sifyitest.com website. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Students are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active till the completion of the exam. In case a student does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create a new e-mail ID before applying online.
- Payment of Application Fee through Demand Draft/ Cheques/ Money Orders/ Postal Orders etc. will not be accepted.
- Fill in all required information. Ensure that all Bio-data details are correctly filled in. Click the Submit button. Retain your Registration No. and Password for further reference safely. After applying Online Aspirant must retain the print out of application form for further reference.
- Please do not send the printout/ fee payment receipt to the UNIVERSITY.
- Candidate who has scored through CGPA should convert the marks into PERCENTAGE and mention the secured marks in the corresponding column.
- Candidates have to fill all the required details and click on Submit button then the page redirects to Online Payment Gateway.
GGSIPU CET 2018: Online Registration
- If you have paid using debit/credit card, fill in the requested details appropriately in the Online Application Form
- Ensure that all details are filled in correctly. Click the Submit button
- Retain your Registration No. and Password for further reference
- After applying Online, retain the print out of application form for further reference.
GGSIPU CET 2018: Payment of Fees
- Payments can be made through online
- Fees payable online - Examination Charges Rs.1100 per course.
GGSIPU CET 2018: Online Mode of Payment
- Students can make payment online using Debit / Credit card powered by Master or Visa as well as using the Net Banking User ID / Password.
Note: After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge For Credit Card users: All prices are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
Guidelines For scanning the Photograph & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
(i) Photograph Image
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye" If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb-50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
(ii) Signature Image
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant's signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10KB - 20KB
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB
Scanning the Photograph & Signature
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB(photograph) & 20KB(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the 'Image' menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature"
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the 'Upload' button.
GGSIPU CET 2018: Exam Pattern
GGSIPU CET 2018 for admission to the various courses being offered by GGSIPU (Engineering, MBA, MCA, LL.M., BCA, M.Sc, B.Ed & many more) would consist of objective type/ multiple choice type examination.
- There will be 150 objective type questions in the relevant subjects for which you are applying.
- There shall be given four alternate choices against each question and you have to mark the correct one with a black ball point on the OMR sheet provided
- Each question carries 4 marks and there is negative marking (minus 1 for every wrong answer)
- The CET duration will be 2.5 hours
- The GGSIPU CET 2017 Question Paper would be set only in English.
- The question paper shall carry 600 marks in total.
Subjects in Entrance Test
Subjects covered in GGSIPU CET 2017
Lateral Entry to B.Tech. (Engineering/ Technology) programmes (2nd yr/3rd semester) for Diploma Holders
(i) Applied Mechanics (25%)
Lateral Entry in B.Tech. for B.Sc. Graduates (2nd yr/3rd semester)
(i) B.Sc Level Mathematics (40%)
B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) (BioTechnology)
(i) Physics (25%)
B.Tech./ M.Tech. (Dual Degree) Chemical Engg
(i) Physics (33.33%)
(i) English Language & Comprehension (30%)
(i) Mathematics (25%)
Master of Mass Comm (MMC)
a) Communication Skills-English (30%)
GGSIPU CET 2018: Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for appearing in GGSIPU CET 2018 and admission into various GGSIPU Courses given here.
- B.Tech. / M.Tech. (Dual Degree) Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. / M.Tech. (Dual Degree) Information Technology
- B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. (Information Technology, Computer Science & Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg., Mechanical & Automation Engg., Power Engg., Electrical & Electronics Engg., Civil Engg. and Instrumentation & Control Engg., Tool Engg. & Environment Engg. )
Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study.
Lateral Entry to B.Tech. Programmes For Diploma Holders (2nd Yr/3rd Semester)
- Three-years diploma in any of the following branches of Engg./Technology with a minimum of 60% marks inaggregate from any recognized Diploma awarding institute/ university/board recognized by AICTE:- Computer Engg; Automobile Engg; Chemical Engg, Civil Engg, Construction Engg, Electrical Engg, Electronics & Communication Engg, Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, Mechanical Engg., Maintenance Engg., Plastic Engg., Printing Technology, Production Engg., Public Health & Environmental Engg., Tool & Die Making. Note: Candidates with Diploma in Architecture are not eligible for lateral entry to Engineering/ Technology degree programme.
Lateral Entry in B.Tech For B.Sc. Graduates (2nd yr/3rd semester)
- B.Sc. Graduates with 60% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as a subject from any recognized University.
B.Tech./M.Tech (Dual Degree) Bio- Technology
- Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- For admission to the MBBS course of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, the candidates should be Indian citizens and they should be of at least 17 years of age on last week of December 2017.
- Candidates should pass the 12th standard under the 10+2 scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% marks for SC/ST candidates). They should also pass in English. Those who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Master of Computer Applications MCA (Software Engineering)
- Bachelors Degree of a recognized University in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed Mathematics and English (core or elective or functional) at least at the Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the CBSE or any other Examination recognized as equivalent thereto. Or
- BCA/BIT/BIS of a recognized University of at least three years duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technology or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Master of Mass Media
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with aggregate of 50% marks.
- Pass in Bachelor of Physiotherapy programme (BPT) of 4½ years duration (including internship) with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.ORPass in Bachelor of Physiotherapy/B.Sc. (Physiotherapy) of 3½ years duration (including internship) with 50% marks in aggregate and bridge course of one year with 50% marks from a recognized University.
- Pass in Bachelor of Occupational Therapy programme (BOT) with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.
Master of Prosthetics and Orthotics (MPO)
- Pass in Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics programmes(BPO) with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.
Master of Public Health (FE)
- Candidates possessing MBBS degree from any recognized institution are eligible to apply for the course
M.Sc. (Environment Management)
- B.Sc. Degree or its equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate. OR B.Sc.(Engg.), B.Tech. or B.E. in Civil/Chemical/Agricultural Engg Degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- LL.B. Degree as required by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an advocate or an equivalent law degree from a foreign university, in either case with not less than 50% marks.
M.A.(English & Communication Studies)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with aggregate of 50% marks.
- Pass in 12th class of 10+2 of CBSE or Equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with pass in English(core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science/Informatics Practice/Computer Applications. Or
- Three year Diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic duly approved by all india council for technical education and affiliated to recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks in a aggregate .
B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing [Only For Unmarried Female Candidates]
- Pass in 12th class of 10+2 of CBSE with Science (Physics, [Only for Unmarried Female Chemistry, Biology) or equivalent with a minimum Candidates] aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology provided that the candidate has passed in each subject separately. The candidate must also have passed
1. For Graduates:
(a) Candidates having passed Bachelors degree in humanities and social sciences with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University and having studied any one of the following subjects:
(vi) Social Science
Note: (i) The candidate must have passed at least two subjects out of the list of the teaching subjects (Please see Appendix 2). These two subjects should be available as teaching subjects in the institute / college in which the candidate seeks to take admission;
(ii) The candidate who has studied either Civics(Political Science) or History or Geography or Economics will be eligible to take Social Sciences as one of the teaching subject;
(iii) The second teaching subject can be chosen either from the main subjects or subsidiary subjects passed by the candidate at the graduation level or at 12th level. with at least 45%
(b) Candidates having passed Bachelors degree in Science with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university and having studied any one of the following subjects:
(vii) Life Science
(c) Graduate candidates must have 50%marks in aggregate in the qualifying degree and 45% in the subjects chosen for the school teaching methodology.
(d)For B.A(H)/B.Sc(H) students 50% marks in aggregate are required in their main exam and qualifying subject and 45% in the subsidiary subject are mandatory.
Note: (i) The candidate must have passed atleast 2 subjects out of the list of the teaching subjects .These two subjects should be available as teachinf subjects in the institutes/college in which the candidates seeks to take admission.
(ii) The candidate who has passed a paper either in Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Botany/Zoology/Life Science will be eligible to take integrated sciences as one of the teaching subjects.
(iii) The candidates having done B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Lib.M.lib, B.com(Pass), B.Com(H), B.A(Vocational), BJMC/MJMC/B.Pharma/BCA/MCA/BBA/MBA/PGDBM/BPT/MPT/BHMCT/MBBS/BHMS/B.Arch/LLB/LLM and any other technical degree which does not come under conventional school system are not eligible for the B.Ed programme .Candidates with Graduate and P.G degree/Diploma in food technology,CA,CS and Fashion technology are also not eligible to take admission as these subjects are not taught at the school level.
If a candidate having any of these degrees applies for Common Entrance Test for B.Ed programme,he/she will not be allowed to appear in the test and if by default,he/she appears in inn the test , the admission will not be granted to such a candidate.
(2) For Post Graduates
Candidates having done post graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university and having studied any one of the following:
English, Hindi, Sanskrit,Urdu, Mathematics, Social Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Life science, Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Bioscience, Accountancy, Business Studies, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Psychology, Punjabi Home Science.
Note: (i) The Candidates will be allotted one of the tecahing subjects from listed above , provided the same is being offered by the institute/college where the candidate seeks to take admission. The provisional list of the teaching subjects being offered by the various institute /colleges for post-graduates ,However,the final list of institute/colleges will be displayed along with the schedule of the Ist counselling.
(ii) The candidate who has passed either in Botany/Zoology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Life science will be eligible to take Biology
Lateral Entry to Bachelor of Pharmacy for Diploma Holders (2nd Year/3rd Semester)
- Diploma in Pharmacy with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from any Diploma awarding Institut ion/ University/Board recognized by AICTE and PCI.
- B.E./B. Tech with minimum of 60% marks.
- M.Sc. (CS), M. Sc. (IT), M.Sc. (Electronic) with minimum of 60% marks.
- MCA with minimum of 60% marks.
B.A, LL.B (Hons.), BBA.,LL.B (Hons.)
- Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
1) LL.B. Degree
2) Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in Social science from any recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate. The candidate should opted at least two of the following subject at graduation level for a minimum of 2 year (or 4 semesters) :
1. Criminology 2. Sociology 3. Psychology 4. Social Anthropology 5.Economics 6. Social work 7. Police administration 8. Correctional Administration 9. History 10. Geography
Master of Education
- A Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University along with qualifying B.Ed. examination with 60% both in theory and practical separately.
BBA (Computer Aided Management)
BBA (Banking & Insurance)
BBA (Tour & Travel Management)
- Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional)as a subject.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Bachelor of Prosthetics Orthotics (BPO)
- Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. A candidate also must have passed in English (core or elective or functional) as a subject of study (core or elective or functional) in the qualifying examination.
M.Sc. (Biodiversity & Conservation)
- B.Sc degree or equivalent (Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Anthropology or any field of Life Sciences) with minimum 50% marks
MBA (Part Time)
- Any recognized Bachelors Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Technology or any other subject with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Passed the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
(a) Graduate from any discipline from a recognized University
Passed the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
(b) Must have work experience of minimum one year at the level of Executive/Supervisor/Teaching Faculty in an institution located in NCR Region.
(c) No Objection Certificate from the employer for pursuance of MBA (PT) programme. The classes of MBA (PT) programme will be held in the evening from 5.00 p.m. onwards.
GGSIPU CET 2018: Admit Card
- The GGSIPU CET 2018 Admit Card bearing Roll Number and Examination Centre will be dispatched by the University to the candidates by Registered/Speed Post.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the GGSIPU CET Admit Card 2018.
- Candidate must preserve the GGSIPU CET Admit Card till the admission procedure is over.
- In case the GGSIPU CET Admit Card is not received by notified date by IP University CET Cell, the office of Controller of Examinations may be informed by email (email@example.com).
- The GGSIPU CET 2018 e-admit card can be downloaded from university website www.ipu.ac.in and printed. Such candidates must reach to examination center on test day 2 hour before the exam with printed admit card and 2 passport size snaps same as used in application form, The University observer, Centre Superintendent will attest the e-admit card on the basis of the records provided by the University.
- No CET will be conducted for B.Arch. programme. However, the CET admit card issued for these programmes shall be used by the candidates as identification proof at the time of counselling.
- Photocopy of CET admit card for B.Arch. programme need to be submitted along with the application as per Appendix 14 of GGSIPU CET 2018 Information Brochure.
Impersonation is a punishable offence. No candidate will be permitted to appear in CET without the Admit Card. The admit card should be presented to the invigilator(s) for verification. The candidates identity will be verified in respect of his/her details on the admit card/centre verification record.
If the identity is doubtful, the candidate may not be allowed to appear in the examination. The authorities may permit the candidates to appear for the examination after completing the necessary formalities (visible mark of identification) at their discretion. No extra time will be allowed for these formalities to be completed.
GGSIPU CET 2018: Results
The GGSIPU CET 2018 results would be available on India's largest exam results website: www.ExamResults.net. Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017: QnA
Have a question related GGSIPU CET 2018, ask in our QnA section, Click Here For GGSIPU CET 2017 Q&A