Admissions Procedure at Indian Institute of Information Technology ( IIIT Allahabad )
The Indian Institute of Information Technology in Allahabad offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Engineering and Information Technology. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test and an interview. This short listing is done on GATE score and marks in qualifying exams. GATE score cut-off varies from year to year. Given below is the information of various programmes and admission procedure in IIITA.
Under Graduate Programs in IIIT A
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIITA) offers 4 year degree programme i.e. B.Tech. in Information Technology.
Admission to B.Tech. programme is on the basis of All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
Admission of Foreign Students and NRIs in IIIT A
The IIIT Allahabad also offers admission to Non Resident Indians (NRIs) / Foreign Nationals. Both the foreign nationals and NRIs require submitting score in SAT-II. The candidates would also require passing minimum eligibility criteria and fulfilling other conditions as laid down by the IIIT Allahabad. NRI candidates can get information about admission criteria from Ed.Cil India.
For information related to SAT - II, Click Here
The total no. of seats offered in this programme is 120. The seat distribution is as follows-
General - 90
Schedule Castes - 18
Schedule Tribes - 9
Physically Handicapped - 3
Non Resident Indians - 18
Total - 138
Post-Graduate Programs in IIIT Allahabad
- M.Tech. (Intelligent Systems)
- M.Tech. (Wireless Communication & Computing)
- M.Tech. (Bio Informatics)
- M.Tech. (Software Engineering)
Admission to the listed above four programmes, is made on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) jointly conducted by IITs and IISc Bangalore. For more details on GATE, Click Here.
Admission to Master of Science in Cyber Law and Information Security
- The minimum eligibility criteria for admission into this programme is BE/ B.Tech/ Post Graduation / LLB or equivalent.
- The IIIT Allahabad scrutinizes the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who find place in first merit list require writing a Written Test conducted by IIIT Allahabad for the purpose.
- On the basis of Written Test the candidates are called for Interview.
- The weightage for Written Test and Interview is 60% and 40%, respectively.
Admission to Master of Business Administration in Information Technology (MBA-IT)
The admission to MBA IT programme of IIIT Allahabad is made on the basis of
- Score in Common Admission Test (CAT),
- IT Aptitude Test,
- Group Discussion, and
Common Admission Test (CAT)
The Common Admission Test is jointly conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) during the month of November. The candidates willing to take admission into MBA programme of IIIT Allahabad, requires submitting the score card of CAT.
The IIIT Allahabad uses the CAT score card of candidates for scrutiny and considers the candidates for second round.
For more details about CAT, Click Here
IT Aptitude Test
The IT aptitude test is meant for candidates who find place in the first list prepared on the basis of CAT Score. This test consists of English, Mathematics and Computers / IT. The basic purpose of this test is to check the degree of competency of candidates in Computers and IT- a mandatory requirement for business managers.
The IIIT Allahabad calls all those candidates for Group Discussion (GD) round who qualify in IT Aptitude Test. This test is conducted to measure the communication skills and group dynamics of candidates. The duration of GD generally ranges from 15 to 20 minutes.
On the basis of Group Discussion, the IIIT Allahabad conducts Personal Interview (PI). The interview committee consists of educationist from IIIT Allahabad and outside as well. This round is meant for accessing the skills and strength of prospective candidates.
The final selection is made on the basis of Common Admission Test (CAT), IT Aptitude Test (ITAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
To know more about MBA-IT programme, Click Here.
Admission to Doctoral Programs in IIIT A
Research and Development is on the main focus of IIIT Allahabad and hence the institute offers the doctoral programme in different areas of Information Technology.
The admission to Doctoral Programme is open to both B.Tech. and M.Tech. degree holders. The programme is meant for conducting valuable research in the field of IT and adding the IT know-how to other disciplines vis-à-vis to conduct meaningful and marketable research for benefit of industrial and civil society.
The institute conducts research in the following areas-
- Networking, Internet, E- commerce, E-Governance, Web based Education, Content design and delivery
- AI, Intelligent/KB systems, Knowledge management, Behavioural modeling, ITS
- Industrial Automation - Design, process, production, control, security
- Chemical structures and modeling - Chemicals, new materials, polymers, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- Bio systems - Genetic modeling, medical informatics, Nano technologies
- Modeling and informatics pertaining to economic, financial and social systems
- Eco systems, GIS, Environmental modeling, Geo systems and Geophysical systems.
- Image processing, Image restoration, Applications to art, crafts, sculpture and architecture
- Disaster management
- Informatics and computation in Indian languages, Informatics for rural areas, IT enabled services and IT enabled education
- Surveillance and security for industry and defence, safety in general and in transportation systems in particular
A substantial portion of the work will be accomplished via simulation and modeling and design and fabrication of products/applications.
The IIIT Allahabad also awards Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities / Sciences / Engineering.