IIM Ahmedabad Aims and Objectives
IIM-A was conceived not to be purely a business school, but a school of management. Its mission is to professionalize Indian management education through teaching, research, training, institution building and consulting. It also aims to professionalize some of the vital sectors of India's economy such as agriculture, education, health, transportation, population control, energy, and public administration. One of the objectives of the Institute is to assist in the development of teachers, researchers, and trainers for management education.
In pursuance of this lofty ideal, the Institute launched a Program for Development of Management Faculty in June 1979 - now known as Faculty Development Program in Management (FDP). This is a 10-month residential program open to teachers, researchers, and trainers sponsored by educational institutions in India and abroad. Academics lies at the core of IIMA. There are many avenues for the all round development of a student here at IIMA, but it is the emphasis laid on academics which is responsible for the institute's position as a top Asian business school.
IIM Ahmedabad Objectives
- To provide learning facilities to men and women of exceptional calibre for pursuing careers in management or becoming teachers and researchers in different management fields.
- To promote knowledge through research, both applied and conceptual, relevant to management, and to disseminate such knowledge through publications.
- To participate in and contribute to the formulation of public policy, which would provide answers to questions of social importance.
- To enhance the decision-making skills and the administrative competence of practising managers and assist organizations to solve their managerial problems by providing them with consulting services based on actual requirements.
- To collaborate with other institutions in India and abroad with a view to further professionalising management education and assisting in institution building, in a meaningful manner.