IIM Indore MBA Admission Criteria 2017-2019
The Post Graduate Program (PGP) in management at IIM Indore is a two-year, full time, residential program that is aimed to develop professional managers with the strong fundamentals and skills necessary to manage businesses of the future. Whether applying based on your CAT 2016 score or your GMAT score, take a look at the MBA admissions criteria set by the institution for enrolling students in the 2017-2019 session.
Also Read: Learn all about IIM Indore
Selection Process for CAT 2016 Applicants
- You must hold a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university or institution.
- IIM Indore calculates the percentage of marks based on the practice followed by your graduating university/institution. Thus, if your Bachelor's scorecard was in grades/CGPA, its conversion to marks will be based on the procedure followed by your university/institution. In case there is no such scheme for conversion, your CGPA will be divided by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplied with 100.
- You can apply for the PGP program if you are in the final year and awaiting results of your graduation program.
- You must have appeared in CAT 2016 exam conducted on 4 December.
- You will be considered for admission process at IIM Indore only if you apply to IIM Indore's PGP course during CAT online registration. This step has no extra cost.
Initial screening is carried out to create a cut-off list based on CAT 2016 sectional and overall percentiles.
IIM Indore cutoff percentile for General Category candidates is 90 while the sectional cutoff is 80. The lowest overall cutoff is 50 and sectional cutoff is 45, for ST and PWD candidates.
|Category||VARC||DI & LR||QA||Overall Percentile|
A category-wise, merit-based list will be prepared by the institute that will take into consideration the following academic performance criteria:
- Class X (SSC) marks
- Class XII (HSC) marks
- Bachelor's degree
A composite score will be calculated as sum of the weighted scores of the above parameters:
10th Standard / SSC
12th Standard / HSC
Composite Score (100%) = SSC (35%) + HSC (35%) + Bachelor's Degree (30%)
If shortlisted on the basis of your composite score, you will be called for written ability test and/or interview by the end of January 2017. Further admission rounds are conducted in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, and New Delhi.
A final merit list for MBA admissions 2017 - 2019 will be released on basis of a final composite score (FCS), which will be the sum of weighted academic performance scores, personal interview and written ability test, and calculated using the following weightage:
10th Standard / SSC
12th Standard / HSC
Bachelors' Degree (BD)
Personal Interview (PI)
Written Ability Test (WAT)
Final Composite Score (FCS): SSC (17%) + HSC (17%) + BD (16%) + PI (35%) + WAT (15%)
Selection Process for GMAT Applicants
- If you are a foreign or NRI applicant seeking admission to IIM Indore's PGP programme, you must apply for admission through a form that can be downloaded for the institute's website. Your application must reach the institute by February, 2017
- You must hold a GMAT score, not older than two years and taken between 1 January, 2014 and 31 December, 2016. (If you are residing in India during the admission process, you must sit for CAT exam.)
- Send the following documents along with the application form:
- Copy of GMAT score
- Copy of TOEFL score (if medium of teaching was not English)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Attested copy of passport
- Application fee of $250
You will be shortlisted for Written Ability Test and/or Personal Interview on the basis of your academic record, GMAT score and relevant work experience. You will also be required to submit clearance certificates like the 'No Objection Certificate' from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India at the time of joining the course.