IIT Khargpur- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
The IIT Kharagpur, a pioneer in scientific and technological education has started Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT) since 1999. The first batch of 83 students was awarded diploma in PGDIT in 2000. The programme is offered at main campus at Kharagpur and Extension Campuses at Bhubneshwar and Kolkata.
The PGDIT course are available at -
- Calcutta Extension Centre, Salt Lake, Kolkata
- Bhubaneswar Extension Centre, Samantapuri (near Swosti Plaza Hotel), Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- IIT campus, Kharagpur
Allocation of a Centre to a successful candidate will be finalized during the counseling session primarily on the basis of choice-cum-performance in the admission test.
- Bachelor's degree in any branch of engineering or MSc in, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications (with Mathematics as a subject at Bachelor's level) with minimum marks of 60% or equivalent CGPA.
- Final year students who shall be completing the above qualifying programmes by July of the year of PGDIT examination can also apply.
- Seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates and persons with disability as per Government of India rules.
Test Center for PGDIT entrance examination
- New Kharagpur
The Application form for PGDIT entrance test can be obtained from GATE office IIT Kharagpur on submitting the prescribed amount of fee. The institute announces the date of sale of application form for PGDIT entrance test every year during the month December/January.
For latest notification of IITKGP - PGDIT notification, click here.
PGDIT Entrance Exam Pattern
- The admission test for PGDIT is objective in nature.
- The question paper consists of multiple choice questions of,
- The duration of test will be two hours.
Commencement of Issue of Application Form : December / January
Last date for filling of application form : February
Date of Entrance Exam : March / April
Commencement of Courses : July
For exact PGDIT schedule, Click Here.