Those lawyers eligible to sit the test must be foreign lawyers or overseas lawyers qualified in jurisdictions that are recognised by the Law Society of England and Wales (The Law Society) or must be barristers qualified to practise in England and Wales.
QLTT 2022 Eligibility CriteriaThe QLTT covers four main subject areas (known as Heads). Not all lawyers taking the test will be required to sit all four Heads as it is dependent upon the jurisdiction in which a lawyer is qualified. Before sitting the test all candidates will be required to apply to the Law Society for a Certificate of Eligibility.
This Certificate will state which Head(s) a candidate is required to pass and any requirement for further training, if any. No candidate will be able to sit the test without providing a Certificate of Eligibility.
The process for issuing Certificates of Eligibility normally takes approximately 6-8 weeks. Therefore it is essential that you submit your completed application to the Law Society at an early stage.
QLTT 2022 Test PatternThe aim of the test is to assess the ‚Äúaptitude‚Ä? of the candidate and is limited to the professional knowledge of the candidate. The test aims to assess the ability of the candidate to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Written Examinations will require a candidate to demonstrate
- An ability to solve legal problems in a practical context
- A clear understanding of substantive legal knowledge
- An ability to apply substantive legal knowledge to practical problems
- An ability to deliver appropriate solutions to legal problems
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of the common law and the manner in which they apply in practice
- A working knowledge of the legal system
- A working knowledge of the principles of statutes and substantive law
- Competence in the English Language
The Syllabus of Four Heads of the QLTT are as follows with the link
- Head I : Property
- Head II : Litigation
- Head III : Professional Conduct and Accounts
- Head IV : The Oral Head - Principles of the Common Law
Important Law Entrance Exams in India
- AIBE : All India Bar Exam
- ALS : Amity Law School
- CLAT : Common Law Admission Test
- DU Faculty of Law : Delhi University Faculty of Law
- GLC Mumbai : Government Law College Mumbai
- ILS Pune : Indian Law Society Pune
- QLTT : Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test
- SSLC Pune : Symbiosis Society's Law College Pune
- TNDALU Chennai : Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University Chennai
QLTT Contact Details
Contact Address of QLTT Program Coordinator
QLTT Programme Co-ordinator
Central Law Training Ltd
52-54 Victoria Road
DX: 708700 SUTTON COLDFIELD
Phone: 44(0)121 362 7526
Fax: 44(0)121 240 1088
Email: [email protected]
India Education experts also help you with your queries related to QLTT, you can chat with our experts on Whatsapp at 9821066299.