HP CMAT 2017: Application Form, Exam Pattern & Question Papers
Himachal Pradesh (HP) State Combined Management Aptitude Test (HP CMAT) is held for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs offered by the Himachal Pradesh University Business School, Shimla (HPUBS). HP CMAT 2017 is state level entrance examination. The Institute of Management Studies (IMS) Shimla of HP University (now known Himachal Pradesh University Business School) has been given the responsibility by the Himachal Pradesh Government for administration of HP CMAT 2017.
|Online Registration Commencement||April 2017|
|Registration Last Date||First Week of May 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||Second Week of May 2017|
|HP CMAT Exam||Last Week of May 2017|
|Counseling Begins||Last Week of July 2017|
Institutes Accepting HP CMAT Score
On the basis of performance in HP CMAT 2017 candidates are offered admission in postgraduate management programs i.e. Master of Business Administration MBA or equivalent programs of the following institutes,
- LR Institute of Management, Solan
- H.P. Institute of Management studies, Totu, Shimla-171011
- Shimla Institute of Management and Technology, Sanjauli, Shimla-171006
- KC Institute of Management, Pandoga, Una
- Abhilashi Institute of Management Studies, Near Chowk, Mandi
- BELLS Institute of Management and Technology, Mehli, Shila-171009
Graduate students and those in the final year of graduation in the year of HP CMAT can write this entrance examination. All students who seek admission in the basis of score in HP CMAT 2017 offered admission under subsidized categories. Graduate students without score in HP CMAT 2017 can seek admission under Non Subsidized category.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a 2-year program divided over 4 semesters. Students who successfully completes MBA program get work opportunities as managers in reputed organizations of government and public sector enterprises.
Opportunities also exist as lectures in colleges and university departments. Those willing to go for higher studies may join research programs like Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D). Many of them also turn into entrepreneurs. Opportunities are enormous for MBA graduates.
|Application Forms Now Available|
HP CMAT 2017 will examine the candidate's ability in the following four sections,
- English Comprehension
- Business Environment
- Arithmetic Comprehension & data Interpretation
The split of marks according to each section is given in the table below.
|Intermediate + Graduation||30 marks|
|HP CMAT||50 marks|
|Group Discussion (GD)||10 marks|
|Personal Interview (PI)||10 marks|
The application form to apply for HP CMAT 2017 will be available online on the official website. There are a few steps that need to be followed to register yourself for this entrance exam. They are given below.
- Log in to hpuniv.nic.in or hbubsshimla.org
- Read all the instructions carefully
- Register yourself post which you will receive a User ID and Password.
- Enter valid mobile number and email ID during registration.
- Fill in the application form once you log in through the newly generated User ID and Password.
- Coloured passport sixe photo, digital signature and the necessary documents need to be uploaded and attached along with the application form.
- Submit the form. Please make sure you check the last date for submission before you save the form in draft so you do not miss out on the application.
The registration fees for HP CMAT 2017 is listed below.
|General Category||Rs. 500|
The fees can be paid either online through credit or debit card or via a demand draft, issued by any nationalized bank, drawn in favour of 'Director, Himachal Pradesh University Business School, Shimla'.
HP CMAT 2017 is being held in following cities.
However, the competent authority HP CMAT 2017 IMS Shimla reserves the right to change the centres and schedules according to its convenience.
HP CMAT 2017 Results
The date of the result will be announced shortly.
|Himachal Pradesh University Business School|
|Summer Hill, Shimla - 171005|
|Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Telephone: (0177) 2831653|
|Fax: (0177) 2830938|